Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 1st AR Purchase: Rebel Arms

Feedback Score
    I would've loved to see pics

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by morpheus6d9 View Post
    I would've loved to see pics
    Me too ... The ones I've seen (Mod1 not the Mod2) all used proprietary barrel nuts and gas blocks that were set screw and not YHM

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    The barrel nut had NO anti seize on it at all and the gas block was this one..... http://www.midwayusa.com/product/462...er-steel-matte
    It had a lightweight profile barrel with a pinned PWS FC556.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Sure sounds like an aftermarket build ... I have only seen them with their Rebel Yell comp and now Griffin ones.

And while antiseize is nice, its certainly not necessary

Curiosity ... How did you fix the loose barrel - seeing as how their original handguard needed a special tool for install

(Full disclosure, I shot for them last season and have since parted ways)
    Last edited by IntenseImage; 04-30-15 at 19:25.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I had to fab up a wrench and I used locktite to keep it from happening again. I was told to get it in working order so he could sell it. It was purchased as a complete rifle and the customer still uses the lower for now with a new spring and H buffer.
    I am aware that antiseize is not necessary but a completely dry barrel nut isn't the best either...
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    What did you do to fab the wrench? I've broken their tool they had removing one of ours when switching to a new setup

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I bent some aluminum in a vise and tightened it down as much as I could by hand and then I used a punch to make sure that it was tight. From what I can remember about the barrel nut was that it just has two slots at either end in the front. I also noticed a ding on the nut when I removed the handguard consistent with the wrench slipping off as it was being tightened.

Feedback Score
    I'm trying to picture this as the nut not only threads over the receiver threads but also into the handguard nut at the same time. Nothing touches the outer piece that secures the handguard so that ding wasn't from the tool slipping

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Larger piece threads into threads of upper then smaller piece threads into that with a keyway to tighten and align everything before installing the hand guard. Kind of similar to a KAC URX hand guard. The keyway slots were boogered.

Feedback Score
    Without their tool or making one the only way I can see installing or removing their mount would be punches that would certainly booger the inner nut
    Last edited by IntenseImage; 04-30-15 at 20:16.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast