Thread: The NPAP is dead(?)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

The NPAP is dead(?)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j18op9...ature=youtu.be

So the NPAP went from being the best value in AKs to being a doorstop with one video. Now all will be suspect, and they are getting trashed on AK sites.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Here I thought the rifle was getting banned or something by the title.

Interesting video. Not sure exactly what to take away from it through. Maybe bad example in their hands, maybe just piss poor quality control, maybe the all mighty AK ain't as tough as some people let on, I really don't know and am not quite ready to condemn the rifle based on one video unless I can find a lot more issues arising.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Here I thought the rifle was getting banned or something by the title.

Interesting video. Not sure exactly what to take away from it through. Maybe bad example in their hands, maybe just piss poor quality control, maybe the all mighty AK ain't as tough as some people let on, I really don't know and am not quite ready to condemn the rifle based on one video unless I can find a lot more issues arising.
    They do the same testing with other AKs without issue.

Now if only somebody would do the same sort of testing with AR-15s....
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    They do the same testing with other AKs without issue.

Now if only somebody would do the same sort of testing with AR-15s....
    Still a sample of one, though. Now, if their replacement does the same thing then I will start getting seriously concerned. But, again until then I am only seeing a sample of one, and have not heard other issues, then again have not been looking for them.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    Still a sample of one, though. Now, if their replacement does the same thing then I will start getting seriously concerned. But, again until then I am only seeing a sample of one, and have not heard other issues, then again have not been looking for them.
    +1

I don't think there have been many rifles that haven't been hammered on the almighty internet at one time or another. Even Arsenal and Colt have taken lumps at one time or another. There used t be a guy on the THR who had a sig that read something like "Thanks to the internet I have learned every firearm and optic I own is a piece of junk."

It could be worse. If it were another certain forum, one would learn that the rifle purchased just last month based on the recommendation of the forum owner and his 'warriors' as being the best thing since sliced bread is now a POS and should be cut up and thrown in the trash so the newest, best thing since sliced bread can be purchased instead.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlipper View Post
    +1

I don't think there have been many rifles that haven't been hammered on the almighty internet at one time or another. Even Arsenal and Colt have taken lumps at one time or another. There used t be a guy on the THR who had a sig that read something like "Thanks to the internet I have learned every firearm and optic I own is a piece of junk."

It could be worse. If it were another certain forum, one would learn that the rifle purchased just last month based on the recommendation of the forum owner and his 'warriors' as being the best thing since sliced bread is now a POS and should be cut up and thrown in the trash so the newest, best thing since sliced bread can be purchased instead.
    I just can't believe that place buys into it every time, went from ak to uzi to aug to m4 back to ak I think now.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by burgeman View Post
    I just can't believe that place buys into it every time, went from ak to uzi to aug to m4 back to ak I think now.
    Don't forget he pushed the PTR91 and Sig rifles as the Best as well.

Back on topic. I had an N-PAP that failed. After 2,500 rounds I noticed the hammer and trigger pin holes in the receiver were egged out. Several other people had this happen to their N-PAPs as well. My O-PAP on the other hand is still going strong after 8,000 rounds.