Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Norincos and aftermarket parts?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Col. H. Stinkmeaner View Post
    I've never seen anything like that before. What is that wild grip thing setup called?
    It's called the Recover Grip. It's a one piece polymer grip and rail. It seems pretty durable and doesn't interfere with the operation of the gun. It's a 50$ option to adding a rail to your 1911. It's not pretty but it seems to work.

Feedback Score
    Up here in Canada, Norc's are common and cheap.some dealer are selling 10000rds of Norc 45ammo and a Norc 1911 for around $600.00 Cdn. Lots of guys getThem because of thatgeneral consensus is solid quality steal and they run well. Fit and finish , Well that's a different story.parts interchangability is hit and miss.some guys are cleaning them up (some models come clean with no Chinese markings not even Norc on them
    to each his own. In my opinion you are trying yo make a silk purse out of a sow's ear. ymmv.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My slide stop broke where the barrel lugs/link ride. But those Nornincos were great blasters. The hard chromed barrels were nice. But I read that a lot of them were poorly fit to the slide.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I love the Norincos. I have four of them (mostly stock.) They are very reliable. The two problems I have had with them were that two of the four had to have the barrels replaced because headspace was on the generous side. The firing pin retaining plates on three were undersized, leading to extractor clocking. I fit an oversized plate from EGW and now they run like scalded dogs. I once asked about the quality of their internal parts over on the 1911 Forum. The consensus seemed to be that they were at least on par with the WWII GI guns.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've had several of them over the years and would buy another in a heartbeat if price was reasonable.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    It's called the Recover Grip. It's a one piece polymer grip and rail. It seems pretty durable and doesn't interfere with the operation of the gun. It's a 50$ option to adding a rail to your 1911. It's not pretty but it seems to work.
    Thanks! That's awesome.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck View Post

Customized Norc.
    A bit hard in the front sight area.
    No surprises.
    That's a good looking pistol! I like the bevel on the bottom of the slide.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBAGUNS View Post
    That's a good looking pistol! I like the bevel on the bottom of the slide.
    Plus 1 with BUBBA here, digGin' the color/Finish too!
    Can't ever recall seeing one of Chuck's 1911s that I haven't like either.

Peace Jeff

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12