Thread: HD SCAR selector switches

Feedback Score

HD SCAR selector switches

http://handldefense.com/product/scar...fety-selector/

Gents,

I just wanted to let you guys know that we have a bunch of stuff coming out soon, I mean a lot. I happen to have gotten my hands on the final version of these today. They allow the user to switch between a 45 degree or 90 degree throw. There is a bit of process to this and I suggest you follow the instructions. They are very crisp in both directions. The first few sets are already sold but not to worry there is a bunch more on the way.

We have been working with AXTS on a select fire version that should be out pretty soon for your NFA items.

So if this is something that fits your wants or needs, let us know.

Feedback Score
    I can say with zero reservation that this will not make ANYONE'S SCAR $100 better.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    While I think Handl Defense has some very innovative products being introduced for the SCAR platform the prices seem a bit hard to swallow. I would be more inclined to try them like the CF handguards for example if there were not other offerings at half the cost. I'd like to see more competitive pricing myself.
    Work so hard that one day your signature will be called an autograph.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911-A1 View Post
    I can say with zero reservation that this will not make ANYONE'S SCAR $100 better.
    Agreed. Saw another company was coming out with something similar, and I said the same thing I'll say now: this looks like a major step backwards. The 45* throw is one of the really nice things I like about the SCAR over the AR.

But, if somebody really likes the longer throw on their AR, sure, go for it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I have the Talon safety on my AR's and its a pricey but very nice component. Price is a little hard to swallow but it will without a doubt be the best SCAR safety hands down. Smart move working with AXTS on creating this, AXTS generally doesn't make parts to be the second best (that would include their lower, charging handle and safety.... BCG and basically their entire uppers look pretty sweet too, but I'll reserve judgement as I don't have experience with those parts).

Feedback Score
    I think for the price its fairly reasonable especially considering that the OEM selector cam is $72 alone! That doesn't include the $10 for the OEM screws or selector levers. The HD model is all metal construction including the levers and gives you the option to select 45 or 90 degree throw, that's more options than any other selector on the market currently for the SCAR and personally think validates its price. Also if you consider pricing for selectors that offer some of the same features in the saturated AR market they're pretty much on par...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ARod206 View Post
    I think for the price its fairly reasonable especially considering that the OEM selector cam is $72 alone! That doesn't include the $10 for the OEM screws or selector levers. The HD model is all metal construction including the levers and gives you the option to select 45 or 90 degree throw, that's more options than any other selector on the market currently for the SCAR and personally think validates its price. Also if you consider pricing for selectors that offer some of the same features in the saturated AR market they're pretty much on par...
    Dang, didn't realize the price of OEM. Good point
    Work so hard that one day your signature will be called an autograph.

Feedback Score
    Gents,

I appreciate the input. I understand that $100 for a drum, 3 pins, and some switches seems like a lot. But it costs what it cost, we worked with AXTS to develop this for a relatively small market. Small markets require a certain margin to be sustainable. Plus many other lever kits are around that much as well.
    Last edited by Fox33; 05-13-15 at 16:03. Reason: deleted non-relevant info

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    Agreed. Saw another company was coming out with something similar, and I said the same thing I'll say now: this looks like a major step backwards. The 45* throw is one of the really nice things I like about the SCAR over the AR.

But, if somebody really likes the longer throw on their AR, sure, go for it.
    Well for some of us our SCARs come with 90 degree throws, and the 45 degree would be much a much appreciated upgrade.

Rick