Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ARX100 quick-detach barrel accuracy test

Feedback Score

ARX100 quick-detach barrel accuracy test

Premature. Not useful.
    Last edited by Aries144; 05-18-15 at 08:41.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Not to be mean, but is there an actual point to this? It's not a machine gun, so why would we harp on replicating accuracy from a QD barrel?

$1950 MSRP is not an arguing point - they sell for as low as $1200.

Feedback Score
    Premature. Not useful.
    Last edited by Aries144; 05-18-15 at 08:41.

Feedback Score
    The biggest problem that I see with your analysis is the use of the R1 to conduct your accuracy test. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the R1 is a 4 MOA optic - about 4" at 100 yards. That introduces a significant degree of variance in addition to the ammo which is 2-3 MOA.

Repeat this with a quality 10X optic and match grade 75 grain ammo so that the glass and load do not become a limiting factors.

Also, stop saying "proved."
    Last edited by Sensei; 05-17-15 at 20:46.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    The biggest problem that I see with your analysis is the use of the R1 to conduct your accuracy test. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the R1 is a 4 MOA optic - about 4" at 100 yards. That introduces a significant degree of variance in addition to the ammo which is 2-3 MOA.

Repeat this with a quality 10X optic and match grade 75 grain ammo so that the glass and load do not become a limiting factors.

Also, stop saying "proved."
    I have nothing else to add. Thank you my brother.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries144 View Post
    The concept is too complex and my writing ability insufficient to convey in a twitter format. Since you missed the point, others likely will as well. I'll try and sum up.

Beretta's stated standard for accuracy for the ARX100 is 4 MOA with quality ammunition when fired from a machine rest. This essentially means that if the rifle shoots a 4" or smaller group at 100 yards with any ammunition from a machine rest, it is in-spec and goes out the door.
    Yeah, your original post does a horrible job of explaining this.

I'm going to go with Beretta actually being right on this one. Show us some pictures when you get your hands on an appropriate optic.

Feedback Score
    Premature. Not useful.
    Last edited by Aries144; 05-18-15 at 08:42.

Feedback Score
    Premature. Not useful.

My apologies.
    Last edited by Aries144; 05-18-15 at 08:42.

Feedback Score
    I pride myself in my ability to read, even when people use big words. He's not being obtuse, it was a painful read... structure and content. Just sayin'.

Feedback Score
    I'm afraid that's my best. I appreciate your honest assessment- I'll take it to heart.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast