Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GG&G Accucam for Eotech

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

GG&G Accucam for Eotech

I searched and couldn't find anything on this. Does anyone own one? I read some negative stuff awhile back and wanted to confirm it with actual users instead of armchair commandos. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Dont -- go Larue...

A buddy of mine from my old unit got one (and a few other guys too) anyway -- awkward - did not hold the sight to the weapon well during active periods -- and the RTZ was 'iffy'.

In short the Larue is better...

Feedback Score
    I have no exp with either but Both the GG&G and the Larue were evaluated by the folks that I work for and the GG&G won. The Larue would not return to zero.
    Life is too short to deal with Blonde women, or carbine barrels over 10.5 inches

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've used both and have nothing but praise for both systems. The GG&G accu-can is more 'low-profile' than the Larue mount but doesn't incorporate the PVS-14 mount...if this is a concern. In the end I opted for the accucam simply because it fit my needs better. No zero/RTZ issues noted. My buddy went with a Larue.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeMacGillie
    I have no exp with either but Both the GG&G and the Larue were evaluated by the folks that I work for and the GG&G won. The Larue would not return to zero.
    Luke -

I am not doubting your statement, but my guess is that you somehow got a mount that slipped through QC, or (likely) the folks doing the testing were not pushing the LaRue mount forward on the rail before locking it down, resulting in inconsistent placement. I've been using LaRue mounts for both the Aimpoint and EOTech for some time, and all have consistently returned to zero. While my experience doesn't make for a broad sample, I know that many others have had similar success with the LaRue mounts.

Again, I'm not doubting your account. Just making the point that the experience you describe above is not reflective of the LaRue mount, as a general rule. Did the guys doing the testing contact LaRue? In my experience, Mark LaRue is the type of guy who either tells you how to install it correctly, if that's the problem, or immediately replaces the product if, by chance, a bad one got through. YMMV.

Feedback Score
    I purchased an Accucam before the LaRue hit the market. I have no experience with the LaRue but my Accucam works as advertised.
    The Second Amendment is Homeland Security

Remember New Orleans

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For those of you that have used or own the accucam for an eotech, did you notice any lateral cant of the holosight body itself once tightened. This was the dirty rumor that I heard and I think it would bother me.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    As stated I have had zero probems with my accucam. No cant, no rtz issues, nothing but satisfaction.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Thanks Steel. I'm gonna have to try one out for myself. I like that it doesn't take up any more rail space than the eotech alone.

Feedback Score
    I have 2 Accucams and they work as advertised in my admittedly light use.

No experience with the LaRue offering.
    Keep your powder dry.

M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I am a tactical marketing professional. PM for details.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast