Thread: 9mm wma headstamp?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

9mm wma headstamp?

I picked up some range brass the other day. After tumbling and checking for some 9×18 i accidentally picked up i noticed some WMA headstamp i havent seen before.

They have a nato cross stamp also and appears to be crimped primers. After doing a yahoo search i didnt see a positive answer to who made them. Every thing from win. magnum ammo to win. mississippi ammo.
    These may be common but i havent seen them yet.

Does any one know who makes them?? Iam pretty sure their 9mm though after setting a 9mm next to it..

wma13 with a nato cross and crimped primers.
    Last edited by texasgunhand; 05-18-15 at 20:38.

Feedback Score
    Winchester Military Ammunition? Possibly. It is made by Winchester. I have been removing the crimps and reloading it. 9x19mm cases will have a distinct taper compared to 9x18mm and 380 auto.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They must be fairly new or something no one seems to know much about them, lets see if markm or big chime in,if not ill just throw them in a bag till later.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Guess nobody knows..

Feedback Score
    different plants require different headstamps its still Winchester but produced at a different facility. I believe it was wideners that i bought some once fired Winchester brass from a while back and it was mostly wcc 13 with this mixed in and they both had the same primer upon de-priming and inspection. Isn't there some military code that also states that every plant/manufacturing facility must have a different headstamp. Also at the range a month or so ago my buddy had some winchester white box and it had wma (14 was the year I believe?) headstamp.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I loaded up some,after removing primer crimps. The had a nice snug primer fit.
    Some one else also said its Winchester military 9mm made in a new plant.
    Seemed nicely made for reloading,ive found alot more since first post. I just put it in the mix year wcc brass bag.

Feedback Score
    Snug is a perfect way to describe it and its a little stiffer pull on both the down and upstroke of my square deal B. seems to have slightly less case volume too.

Feedback Score
    I can answer this as I just purchased 9mm NATO ammunition similarly marked. See pix.

They are supposed to be near P+ at 3600 PSI not 3650.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Those are indeed Winchester NATO spec ammo. Q4318. It's good stuff. The cases are fine for reloading, if you swage or ream the primer pocket crimp. I don't bother, because I have piles of civilian brass.

Q4318 is my everyday carry ammo. It's good stuff. A bit hotter than SAAMI stock but it engenders confidence that it'll cycle the gun.

Feedback Score
    WMA is Winchester ammo made at their plant in Mississippi, as opposed to the old WCC stamp that came from their East Alton plant which IIRC was shuttered several years ago.

If you read Winchester's catalog, they've got 2 separate SKU's for 9mm NATO. One specs the velocity at 1140fps and the other at 1180. Don't ask me why, I dunno.
    Last edited by jaholder; 01-06-19 at 12:56.