Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 21?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My Glock 20 and others that I have tried are indeed very reliable. The can handle full power 10mm loads (for super hot loads, I use Bar-Sto barrels for the added case support). If you plan to shoot .45 ACP through the G20, then you need a new slide, barrel, and magazines. The Breech face and the barrel hood extension of the G20 is narrower than the G21s.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    FYI

OMB also stocks a factory 6 inch barrel for the G20.

Feedback Score
    At the present time, I have 10 Glocks, including a Gen 2.5 G20 and a Gen 2 G21. And, like all of my Glocks, since I reload, usually using my own cast bullets, I have Lone Wolf barrels which have cut rifling and as much chamber support as you can fit in a Glock, so they are safe shooting. Stay away from reloads, especially cast bullets, in any Glock.

I have very large hands, but I still find that the 9mm/.40 Glock frame size fits me the best. I can shoot the 10mm and .45 Glocks, but it's a lot like holding a piece of 2x3 lumber. Some say it's like a 2x4, but I'll give it a little. Even though you have large hands, I'd highly recommend shooting one before you buy if possible. I've shot the G21SF, and it definately makes a difference, but it's still not as comfortable as the 9mm/.40 sized Glocks. If you really want a .45, I find the S&W M&P and SA XD's a lot more comfortable, but we can't buy those here in MA .

If it's a 10mm you want, the G20 is the only currently produced pistol which is reliable right out of the box and will hold up to the pounding of tens of thousands, if not more, full-power loads. I load my own 170gr cast bullet loads and use my Lone Wolf replacement barrel to shoot them, and that's proven to be 100% reliable, too.

If you'll settle for a 10mm that's out of production, the S&W 1006 is a good gun, with a human size grip, too. I had several 4506's and a 1006 in the past and they were just as reliable as the Glocks I have now. It's just another option.

Feedback Score
    I absolutely love my G20. I also have a G22 but favor the G20. If you get one try the Double Tap ammo it's good stuff. Just I find it hard to get partice loads for a decent price.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

Feedback Score
    I have a 3rd Gen Glock 21 that I shoot a lot more accurately then my Wilson Combat or my Kimber 1911. The G21 is stock everything. The groupings are so much tighter with the G21. I have had both my 1911's for over 16 months and I go to the range every weekend. I get the same results every time. I shoot at the 25 and 30 yards paper targets.

G21 - $500.
    Wilson Combat - $2500.
    Kimber - $1800.

Feedback Score
    4 (75%)
    Coming soon 45acp mag extensions so you can have 30 rds

Feedback Score
    The mid-size M&P .45 is currently my favorite as it's an excellent size for carry, range, or gun games. It also feels better balanced than the full size M&P .45.I also like the G 21SF but also hated the clunky and balky ambi mag release so I sold it. I expect I will pick up another 21SF when I can find one with a single side mag release. I like the HK 45 too and find it very accurate at long distances.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12