Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Accuracy Evaluation of a Noveske 18” SPR Barrel

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AssGasOrBrass View Post

Why would a company, known for precision barrels only sell lightweight profiles in the longer length offerings? makes no sense to me. I was shopping for a SS 18-20 match grade precision barrel and saw that Noveske only had LW profile and did not even consider it.
    Nonsense. The 18" medium contour SPR barrel that I reviewed for this thread can be purchased directly from Noveske's website . . .

Noveske 18" SPR Barrel
    All that is necessary for trolls to flourish, is for good men to do nothing.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post
    Nonsense. The 18" medium contour SPR barrel that I reviewed for this thread can be purchased directly from Noveske's website . . .

Noveske 18" SPR Barrel
    And a multitude of other sources. I just purchased one a few months ago from Midway. It was a very good shooter too.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lennyo3034 View Post
    I'm new to this site, so apologies if I'm not familiar with the history here. There was a thread on TOS where a guy was getting poor accuracy out of his SPR barrel. Noveske's response was that 1.3 to 1.8 inch groups at 100 yards was acceptable. A few other people had similar experiences. Considering that Noveske is pushing Krieger price point, I would not be too satisfied with that.

Molon has some examples of excellent shooting Noveske barrels so these could be isolated incidents or different years of manufacture.
    Their response is exactly why when it comes time to buy another stainless barrel it'll be from rainier since they've got an moa accuracy guarantee.

Aside from the lack of accuracy lately my 6.8 barrel came with a mushroomed barrel extension pin, so bad that it wouldn't even fit in the upper. How the hell does that make it through QC? It was obvious just eyeballing it but the barrel does shoot lights out and they did fix it promptly. Just retarded that a $450 barrel has that shitty of QC.
    Misspelled and missing words delivered to you via the hunt-and-peck method on my phone

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71 View Post
    Their response is exactly why when it comes time to buy another stainless barrel it'll be from rainier since they've got an moa accuracy guarantee.

Aside from the lack of accuracy lately my 6.8 barrel came with a mushroomed barrel extension pin, so bad that it wouldn't even fit in the upper. How the hell does that make it through QC? It was obvious just eyeballing it but the barrel does shoot lights out and they did fix it promptly. Just retarded that a $450 barrel has that shitty of QC.
    I'm not following you here on the accuracy of your barrel, and are you shaming Noveske for not having perfect QC?
    To educate a man in mind and not in morals is to educate a menace to society. --Theodore Roosevelt--

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TXBK View Post
    I'm not following you here on the accuracy of your barrel, and are you shaming Noveske for not having perfect QC?
    Typing from the iPad sucks. Shoulda been a comma after lately. As in there are accuracy problems as well as QC problems. Not all their stainless barrels are less than stellar but they're not up to the old standards in my opinion.
    Misspelled and missing words delivered to you via the hunt-and-peck method on my phone

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BufordTJustice View Post
    Without starting a war, I can tell you some vital people left Noveske after John passed.

Checkout Joel's barrels at V7 Weapons Systems. He worked closely with John for years. He might know a thing or two. Lol
    Thanks Buford. I wondered where Joel went. I spoke with him several times when he worked in the Noveske shop. Good Dude, now I know where my next barrel is coming from.
    http://www.v7weaponsystems.com/colle...atch-barrel-16

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-manufacturer/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    And a multitude of other sources. I just purchased one a few months ago from Midway. It was a very good shooter too.
    Your right... The layout on the Noveske site is strange... Skimming over it it appeared to me that the 18" irons was the only 18 they are currently selling. Looking further I see that's not the case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How about the battle arms development barrels?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AssGasOrBrass View Post
    How about the battle arms development barrels?

They sure look pretty. Haven't seen any accuracy reports on them yet but definitely something I may consider for the future. Truth be told, while I haven't given up on it yet, I'm less than thrilled with the accuracy of my Noveske 16" Recon barrel. 1.8 to 2.5 MOA out of a $450 barrel is not acceptable. Especially when right next to it I'm shooting sub MOA with a chrome lined Stag carbine.
    “I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 556BlackRifle View Post
    They sure look pretty. Haven't seen any accuracy reports on them yet but definitely something I may consider for the future. Truth be told, while I haven't given up on it yet, I'm less than thrilled with the accuracy of my Noveske 16" Recon barrel. 1.8 to 2.5 MOA out of a $450 barrel is not acceptable. Especially when right next to it I'm shooting sub MOA with a chrome lined Stag carbine.
    yeah i would be pretty pissed too.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast