Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Accuracy Evaluation of a Noveske 18” SPR Barrel

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    It looks like Noveske has discontinued this barrel. It's no longer listed on their website (original product link and their search function don't turn it up). A number of places still have them in stock, so I may order one while they're still available. Still a bit uncomfortable with the reports of lower accuracy from their more recent barrels, but I'd like to give one a try.
    https://noveske.com/products/lo-pro-...ck-barrel-5-56
    Select 18" SPR they still have them listed as available.
    Last edited by LMT/556; 05-24-20 at 09:50. Reason: Already stated price...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    https://noveske.com/products/lo-pro-...ck-barrel-5-56
    Select 18" SPR they still have them listed as available.
    Thanks a lot, and my apologies - I guess the drop down menu options don't show up through their search, and they've changed their product listings, which used to have a separate page for this barrel.

I was keeping an eye on Midway after you mentioned the headspaced bolt combo package, but they now list both the combo package and the barrel as discontinued.

Noveske is running a Memorial Day sale on the barrel for $403.75. That's a pretty good discount.

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout View Post
    It looks like Noveske has discontinued this barrel. It's no longer listed on their website (original product link and their search function don't turn it up). A number of places still have them in stock, so I may order one while they're still available. Still a bit uncomfortable with the reports of lower accuracy from their more recent barrels, but I'd like to give one a try.

I have not seen any of these "reports" that actually come from a valid source. Most are from people that never actually have one of the old barrels and heard that they were awesome. Then they shot the new ones and THEIR results are not what they THINK they can do.

I have both and MY results sre the same with the new and the old.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'd be less concerned with the fitted bolt now, and more inclined to just by a complete BCG with it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    I have both and MY results sre the same with the new and the old.
    Thanks, Doc, that helps a lot. I had not seen any one person compare both new and old barrels together like that.

Quote Originally Posted by LMT/556 View Post
    I'd be less concerned with the fitted bolt now, and more inclined to just by a complete BCG with it.
    I already bought a BCG from Noveske last year when they had them on sale. I was just referencing the Midway combo as an example of why I thought the barrel was discontinued. However, I probably would have bought the combo if they had them on sale for the price you paid and would have kept the extra bolt as a spare.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3ACR_Scout
    I already bought a BCG from Noveske last year when they had them on sale. I was just referencing the Midway combo as an example of why I thought the barrel was discontinued. However, I probably would have bought the combo if they had them on sale for the price you paid and would have kept the extra bolt as a spare.
    I think Noveske was in process of DC'ing the fitted bolt combo back when I bought it. If you buy a bolt at the time of barrel purchase from Noveske they would headspace it for you, but I had one my 20" varmint that was on the long side and stretching brass, so YMMV. And at the end of the day I ended up with a bunch of unused Noveske bolts. I shot both 16" and 18" today, love them both. The 16" does better with a BRT EZTUNE Gas Tube, the 18" is very mild shooting. Both need cleaned I think, I'm not great about that.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567