Thread: Help W/ AK Muzzle Device???

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Help W/ AK Muzzle Device???

Will THIS:

Fit on THIS:

My FORM 1 is complete and I want to go ahead and shorten the barrel. Any suggestions? My first thought was to cut the barrel to about 1/2 off the front sight, crown it, and then put this flash hider on the gas block threads...

Thoughts?

From what I have read so far, this "CR" rifle is based on a AK-102 series rifle?

Feedback Score
    whats your thread pattern on your fsb/fgb? if its 24x1.5mm and the muzzle device is that thread patter also(reason i say that is because I have seen that muzzle device produced domestically in many diffent patterns) then you should be good to go sir!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Yes, that hider will work, once you shorten the barrel and remove the thread protector.

H

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    It'll fit, they're both 24x1.5mm.

And if you do get that hider, feel free to post a quick review. I'm thinking of throwing one on my 107FR.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
    It'll fit, they're both 24x1.5mm.

And if you do get that hider, feel free to post a quick review. I'm thinking of throwing one on my 107FR.
    I have that hider. It works for killing flash but group size opened up compared to the AK74 brake.

H

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by halmbarte View Post
    I have that hider. It works for killing flash but group size opened up compared to the AK74 brake.

H
    Well that's disappointing. No strikes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks guys, so let me ask about shortening the barrel...

How close to the gas block should I have it cut? I was thinking about also giving it some AR pattern threads as well in case I ever decide to stick a different FH on there.

Does the barrel need to be removed in order to do this? Does anyone have any suggestions on who to send it to?

If I decided not to have the barrel threaded, Could I just cut it to about 1" away from the gas block and recrown it? Maybe a DIY project?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kmc0929 View Post
    Thanks guys, so let me ask about shortening the barrel...

How close to the gas block should I have it cut? I was thinking about also giving it some AR pattern threads as well in case I ever decide to stick a different FH on there.

Does the barrel need to be removed in order to do this? Does anyone have any suggestions on who to send it to?

If I decided not to have the barrel threaded, Could I just cut it to about 1" away from the gas block and recrown it? Maybe a DIY project?
    Unless you plan on replacing the gas block, it would be a waste to cut the barrel longer and thread it. Cut it flush and crown it, and use the existing 24mm threads on the gas block for the muzzle device. Unless you plan on SBRing it, you'll need to send it to a shop that will do it all and pin and weld a long muzzle device to get you to 16". If you do plan on SBRing it, still send it to a good shop as you don't want to muck up a registered SBR.