Thread: More fuel for the ARX 100 accuracy fire

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

More fuel for the ARX 100 accuracy fire

I took the ARX-100 out Wednesday to try some different ammo and see if pulling the barrel resulted in group size shifting.

Some things to consider:
    1) Range was 100 yards.
    2) I was using a Aimpoint 2MOA optic.
    3) I have astigmatism.
    4) It was a cloudy day.
    5) Combining 2,3,4 means I see the dot as a 'V' shape instead of a clean circle.
    6) The stock ARX trigger doesn't help when trying for small groups.
    7) I'm not, nor do I pretend to be, anything resembling a sniper.

All that said, here's what my groups looks like:
    Ammo from left to right was Geco M193, ADI SS109, PPU 75gr HP, IMI 77gr OTM. The grid is 1" per.

Here's what happened when I pulled the barrel. The barrel was removed after shooting the above groups and left to cool while I was doing some other shooting. I pulled the barrel between each of these groups while I did some other shooting. Ammo was the same Geco M193 as the above target.

H

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    IMO, until we get groupings using a high power optic, combined with FGMM (or other such ammo) these tests indicate nothing. 2 MOA is not the way to test groupings.

Also, pulling barrels between each test groups is a bad testing method. You want to pull the barrels ONCE, then re-test all the ammo. If you pull the barrel each time you are introducing another variable between each group.

This test basically says nothing.
    Last edited by foxtrotx1; 05-23-15 at 16:19.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    IMO, until we get groupings using a high power optic, combined with FGMM (or other such ammo) these tests indicate nothing. 2 MOA is not the way to test groupings.

Also, pulling barrels between each test groups is a bad testing method. You want to pull the barrels ONCE, then re-test all the ammo. If you pull the barrel each time you are introducing another variable between each group.

To clarify, the first pic with the different ammo types was all shot without pulling the barrel.

The second pic was all shot with Geco M193, but I pulled the barrel between each group and before I shot the first group.

H

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post

Agreed. However, the groupings were reasonable given the limitations. So far, I've seen no evidence to suggest that this platform is any more or less accurate than other platforms.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.