Thread: Issue with RMR or is this normal?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Issue with RMR or is this normal?

I just purchased a new rmr with 1moa dot for my AR. As soon as I get home I mount it on the rifle and take it outside to view through the new optic. I realized when I stood out in broad daylight aiming into a dark area such as a garage, woods, or dark object, there appears to be a faded red pixelated rectangle surrounding the dot and obscuring targets. It does not go away except when walking back into a dim lit area, or I found when I cup my hand over the rmr it disappears. Adjusting the brightness doesn't make any difference it still remains there, and when it's turned completely off you can still see the minor outline of the rectangle. I had two other people look through to confirm I was not just seeing things. has anyone experienced this or heard of this?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looked at it again today and its evident there's a issue when the rmr in bright sunlight. Under a shaded porch looking into a sunny lit area the rmr has the regular dot as expected. When walking out and sunlight hits the projector a holographic red box surrounds the dot. The brighter the sun the more intensified the red box becomes almost completely obscuring the red dot. I even noticed when light hits the projector at certain angles the same fuzzy holographic mess in the shape of the rmr lense appears throughout the entire sight picture. I'm thinking there must be a defect with the projector. Taking this back to the store Monday.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This seems to be an issue with the Trijicon SRS as well: http://www.thebangswitch.com/trijicon-srs-follow-up/
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    This seems to be an issue with the Trijicon SRS as well: http://www.thebangswitch.com/trijicon-srs-follow-up/
    The first picture in the article shows something very similar to what I'm experiencing. However he has the SRS that's solar powered, I have the adjustable rmr with no solar power. I haven't been able to find any similar complaints like mine which lead me to beleive I have something defective. If this is normal I don't see how the rmr gets great reviews when you have a "50 moa" square as a reticle in bright sunlight... It must be meant for indoor use only lol.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    wait until you get a piece of dust or a drop or water on the emitter. If goes full retard. I like trijicon products, but I wasn't happy with my RMR after I dropped all of that coin on it.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I'm running an RM06 on my G17 and have used it indoors and out in all kinds of conditions with no issues...still run irons just in case but also picked one up for SBR that's in the works...will also be running back up irons just jn case but I guess my point is that I have yet to experience this and I love how quick target acquisition is with it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I want to like the optic but this holographic square is definitely a NO GO. I'm hoping that I can return it and get another T1 instead... If not I guess I'll contact trijicon and send it in for repair, which I'd rather not deal with. I'll update when I learn more about the issue from the dealer or trijicon.
    Last edited by Tophthetank; 05-25-15 at 08:20.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Took the rmr back to the dealer today. comparing it with a identical model, to my surprise they both have the holographic square obscuring the dot when put in sunlight and aimed at specific backgrounds. I guess this is not a defect but a flaw in its design. I'm really surprised I haven't heard any complaints regarding the issue. Thank goodness I was able to return for a full refund, Again this is the adjustable RM09. Buyer beware!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tophthetank View Post
    Took the rmr back to the dealer today. comparing it with a identical model, to my surprise they both have the holographic square obscuring the dot when put in sunlight and aimed at specific backgrounds. I guess this is not a defect but a flaw in its design. I'm really surprised I haven't heard any complaints regarding the issue. Thank goodness I was able to return for a full refund, Again this is the adjustable RM09. Buyer beware!
    Your inbox is full

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.