Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 642s w/out lock available again!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

642s w/out lock available again!

Thats right, S&W is producing just 4000 for a large distributor that requested them. Its the 642 since its their biggest seller and it will be WITHOUT THE LOCK. This is not a joke for you lock haters, which I'm one of. Read it on the S&WForum here...
    http://smith-wessonforum.com/eve/for...3301082313/p/1

There "may" be a run of 340s also. RSR will be carrying them but don't have any in stock yet. From their site....
    SW103810FC S&W 642 1.875" 38SPL STS CENT WO/IL

I'm going to my dealer tomorrow to make sure he gets me a couple.

Feedback Score
    Jump on it guys! My lock broke, leaving me unknowingly defenseless. S&W fixed it for free, but I went back to a Colt Agent.
    When life gives you lemons, insert copper and zinc wires in them and repeatedly shock your tongue.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyRoller View Post
    Jump on it guys! My lock broke, leaving me unknowingly defenseless. S&W fixed it for free, but I went back to a Colt Agent.
    You know it. Never had a problem myself, just don't like them and worry when it will happen to me. I've dumped all my lock Smiths and have 6 pre-locks, 4 of those snubbies. But they can be hard and expensive to replace the way they sell these days. These are going to sell FAST I predict.

Feedback Score
    I E-mailed my good friend Ed to tell him the news and he answered that had one already.

John
    Good shooting!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What should the price be on these and what are pro's and con's of this one versus the one with the lock? I want to own at least one revolver and the 642 is on everyone's list.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    What should the price be on these and what are pro's and con's of this one versus the one with the lock? I want to own at least one revolver and the 642 is on everyone's list.
    Owning a 642 without the internal lock:

Pros -- The lock won't engage on you under recoil, rendering the weapon utterly useless if you need to keep shooting to defend your life.

Cons --

I can't really think of one.

S&W needs to do this on ALL of their revolvers. HEY S&W!!! ARE YOU PAYING ATTENTION?? You guys managed to take a weapon with legendary reliability that you've been making right for decades and you found the one possible way to mess it up. Loose the lock, fellas. Please. I'm begging here.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Found out they will also be available at Lipseys.
    http://www.lipseys.com/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    More good news! The 37-2 bobbed hammer DAO is back too! Heres the info from RSR. SW149968FC S&W 37 1.875" 38SPEC BLUE
    http://smith-wessonforum.com/eve/for...4/m/1041066313
    Says only 200 and don't know if there will be more.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This is GREAT news.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    After a few missteps, S & W really seems to be listening and reponded to the market. Now if Glock would only produce a full sized single stack .45 and a carbine...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast