Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The American Defense UIC true ambi lower is a fine basis for a quality AR build

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Does the hammer pin hole on the right side of the receiver get covered up by the bolt release lever. Does it move far enough to drive the hammer pin?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Yes its covered. The release lever doesn't actually rest on the side of the lower. Its spaced about a millimeter off. It also can't be pressed into the side either.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Nice rig. That ADM lower sure looks nice. Just noticed the offset micro T1 in the pic. What offset mount are you using and how do you like it? And have you had any complaints in that rearward location? Looks like you might get some brass flinging off that thing maybe? Hard to tell from the pic. Nice rig though!
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 06-15-15 at 11:03.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Nice rig. That ADM lower sure looks nice. Just noticed the offset micro T1 in the pic. What offset mount are you using and how do you like it? And have you had any complaints in that rearward location? Looks like you might get some brass flinging off that thing maybe? Hard to tell from the pic. Nice rig though!
    I have a couple of rifles set up with mini red dots in that position and have not noticed any untoward effects on the optics.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spring-Diver View Post
    Very nice!!! What's the weight on that lower?

Cheers
    Shannon
    Weight of the Stripped lower with Ambi components is 11 oz.

Feedback Score
    From another forum I heard that someone received an upper from ADM that had pretty bad machining marks on it. He was taken care of but I kinda want it done right the first time. How is the overall machining of the lower? Did it have machining marks on it?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mngo888 View Post
    From another forum I heard that someone received an upper from ADM that had pretty bad machining marks on it. He was taken care of but I kinda want it done right the first time. How is the overall machining of the lower? Did it have machining marks on it?
    To be fair, I have the "duty grade" UIC lower, which is less expensive because ADM considers them to have cosmetic flaws. However, I am looking at the lower right now and can find no machining marks, odd anodizing, or any other issues... Frankly, it looks great.
    Scout Rider for the Mongol Hordes

Feedback Score
    Messaged you about the lower caporider

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Damn, it's hard to not be snarky when posts like this occur.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzman View Post
    Damn, it's hard to not be snarky when posts like this occur.
    My apologies if I did something wrong

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast