Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28

Thread: Houston

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    HTX
    Posts
    452
    Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    next question is idpa matches? Anything in the area?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ostdarva View Post
    First off I will not shop at a liberal store
    Secondly,
    I will not shop at a store that is named after genitalia.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,779
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by K1tt3n5 View Post
    Pasadena gun center?
    I shoot here all the time. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. I use them as my FFL as well. Been going there since I was kid.

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Houston, TX, USA
    Posts
    4,024
    Feedback Score
    0
    Yes and Pasadena Gun Center is not an expensive place to shoot, either. Never really very crowded and fun on a rainy weekend as well.

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    1,779
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    Yes and Pasadena Gun Center is not an expensive place to shoot, either. Never really very crowded and fun on a rainy weekend as well.
    I also appreciate the fact that they're not range nazis and don't mind if you feel like ripping a mag every once in awhile.

    Definitely one of the most laid back places to shoot. When I have to punch paper, they're definitely one of my first choices.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    394
    Feedback Score
    0
    Anyone else been to Hotwell's in Cypress? Went there last weekend it wasn't expensive at all-- only $10 per gun (doesn't matter how many folks you bring) and you can stay for however long you would like. Rifle ranges at 25, 50, and 100 yards. Offer skeet, too, if you're into that. Haven't checked out the pistol range yet.
    If plan A didnít work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    375
    Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bad aim View Post
    Anyone else been to Hotwell's in Cypress? Went there last weekend it wasn't expensive at all-- only $10 per gun (doesn't matter how many folks you bring) and you can stay for however long you would like. Rifle ranges at 25, 50, and 100 yards. Offer skeet, too, if you're into that. Haven't checked out the pistol range yet.
    Avoid. Fudd central, teenage RSOs who power trip. Not a fun place

    Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    SE Texas
    Posts
    453
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bad aim View Post
    Anyone else been to Hotwell's in Cypress? Went there last weekend it wasn't expensive at all-- only $10 per gun (doesn't matter how many folks you bring) and you can stay for however long you would like. Rifle ranges at 25, 50, and 100 yards. Offer skeet, too, if you're into that. Haven't checked out the pistol range yet.
    Hate that place. I would never go back if it was free.

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    394
    Feedback Score
    0
    Holy cow, didn't know there was that much hate about that place. The RSOs did all look quite young...

    Will give ASC a look next time I head out.
    If plan A didnít work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

  9. #19
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    883
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by bad aim View Post
    Anyone else been to Hotwell's in Cypress? Went there last weekend it wasn't expensive at all-- only $10 per gun (doesn't matter how many folks you bring) and you can stay for however long you would like. Rifle ranges at 25, 50, and 100 yards. Offer skeet, too, if you're into that. Haven't checked out the pistol range yet.
    When I was zeroing my first AR, I was having some short-stroking issues, which eventually turned out to be a gas block misalignment issue. The range staff's diagnosis when I asked off-hand was that I had put too much lube in the gun.
    Plus Áa change, plus c'est la mÍme chose.

    老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    394
    Feedback Score
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    When I was zeroing my first AR, I was having some short-stroking issues, which eventually turned out to be a gas block misalignment issue. The range staff's diagnosis when I asked off-hand was that I had put too much lube in the gun.
    LOL. Makes you want to take a bottle of motor oil, do the Larry Vickers test, then fire it next time. Would love to see their expression.
    If plan A didnít work, the alphabet has 25 more letters.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •