Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Problem with a new BCM lower

Feedback Score
    Ok gotcha. ya, i watch the vickers stuff too, where he says to download to 28rnds. I do that too. I just thought mags were designed to only hold 30rnds and just have a smidge of space left to seat, but not enough room to load another rnd. Well i guess one good thing about the gen 3 mag is, it holds 30rnds and still loads easily, cause there's lots of room left.
    Last edited by Dirknar; 09-06-16 at 08:24.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    All of my gen3 PMAGs (20+) will take 31rds if I ham fist it in, and of course it won't seat on a closed bolt. But I just pay attention when loading, and recognize that the 30th round will sit in the right side, and if I force another, it'll sit in the left, or wrong side. And a full 30rd mag will seat just fine in my Colt lower, whether it be 20, 30 or 40rd PMAG. I only use gen3 PMAGs, so I don't have to worry about differences between other makes of mags.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yes you can usually force 31 in. Not intended to be used that way, though. It does force some deflection of the left feed lip to do so, and depending on ammunition spec, it may be harder or easier to get it in there, but we found that leaving less room gave us some inconsistencies in seating force in some guns with some ammo. "Top round right" is the ditty to keep it straight. It doesn't hurt the mag if you accidentally do it, and the feed lip goes back to exactly where it should be, but it requires a lot of force to strip that round and of course closed bolt seating with 31 is a no go.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    Yes you can usually force 31 in. Not intended to be used that way, though. It does force some deflection of the left feed lip to do so, and depending on ammunition spec, it may be harder or easier to get it in there, but we found that leaving less room gave us some inconsistencies in seating force in some guns with some ammo. "Top round right" is the ditty to keep it straight. It doesn't hurt the mag if you accidentally do it, and the feed lip goes back to exactly where it should be, but it requires a lot of force to strip that round and of course closed bolt seating with 31 is a no go.
    When will the new tan Gen 3 pmags start shipping?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    When will the new tan Gen 3 pmags start shipping?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
    I saw a quote of Feb 17 in my twitter feed.

Feedback Score
    comments deleted
    Last edited by MontanaVet; 12-12-16 at 12:15.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I am amazed this is still going but I will add my experiences. I have 2 BCM lowers, a blem and non blem, a custom JD Machine Tech lower with EGA and a custom formerly 80% lower. All of them work with all generations of PMAGs including M3. I don't get the love affair of USGI mags here as I've had the majority of failures with them. Old, beat up military issued mags are the biggest culprit but I have old, beat up PMAGs as well that still function 100%. Lancer AWMs and PMAGs are still my primary mags while I relegate all my USGI mags to reserves or backup. And I don't trust USGI mags unless I personally retrofit them with Magpul followers. I don't like any of the USGI followers, especially tan!
    The only exception is 20 round mags. They are the only USGI mags I like as they are the most reliable and by design the follower has to tilt for reliable function.

As for USGI mags fitting into everything, I actually had multiple mags not drop free from my EGA lower while they drop free from my non-blem BCM lower or my buddies Colt LE 6920 lower. All of these "out of spec" mags were made by Center Industries and they are all newish condition, not issued to and beat up from LCpl Schmuckatelli.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526