Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Problem with a new BCM lower

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Problem with a new BCM lower

Sorry to hear about your issues. Regarding the LMT lower, I have one and I recommend it. They use good parts in their lowers just switch out the buffer to what you normally run as they come with a carbine buffer. Other than that my experience with 2 LMT uppers and 1 lower has been great. My rifle I have now is all LMT and I'm satisfied. No issues seating a loaded gen 3 PMag on a closed bolt.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I'm honestly very surprised to hear this result. This certainly isn't the BCM CS we are used to hearing about. I know this is one a single issue, but I hope this isn't a foreshadowing of what is to come from BCM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    LMT lowers are good to go. I have two that I Form 1 SBR'd and they are fine with Gen 3 PMAGS, as are all of my other lowers, including a BCM. Sucks that they treated you like this. KAC lowers are where it's at IMO.
    DPMS 16" Carbine- NcStar scope, UTG Rails, MagLite hose clamped to barrel | S&W Sigma | HiPoint 9mm | Lorcin 9mm | Jennings .22| Stevens 12 Ga

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I asked for a replacement lower and was told that it was in spec as far as they are concerned.

Will decide tomorrow if I want to go with a LMT lower or buy a Colt 6920 OEM-1, and sell off the upper.

I found someone who doesn't use gen3 PMAGS who is willing to buy my BCM lower. He's a friend and there is full disclosure. And he's getting a deal.

I too have heard great things about BCM's customer service. Hence my extreme disappointment.

Feedback Score
    I would call again and try to get a different rep.

Feedback Score
    Would it be possible to file away material from the lower to make it function? I'm not familiar with exactly where the anti insertion tab interfaces. Sure it isn't ideal or cosmetically pleasing, but neither is spending more money or time. That said, I'm surprised that BCM won't make it right, as pmags are ubiquitous.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I don't understand what BCM did wrong. They told you the receiver you have doesn't like gen 3 Pmags but is within spec. If it works with mil spec magazines how can you fault BCM CS? I do understand your reason for selling it.

Feedback Score
    Have you tried gen 2 pmags? I have a colt that didn't want to seat gen 3's, but the gen 2's work perfect.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    It will work with gen 2 mags.

BCM's engineer stated their "mil spec" lowers should only be used with "mil spec" magazines to ensure proper function. Yet the CS rep after explaining why the MagPul gen3 was such a bad design, uses TangoDown ARC magazines. A non-mil spec magazine.

They did not say the lower was in spec. They said that the parts of the lower receiver referenced within the TDP was within spec. They are the ones who determined the crucial measurement which prevents the use of gen3 magazines was "Long". But if I were to buy another BCM lower, odds were that the next one would work with gen 3 PMAGs, due to the variance of the forgings they use. When I replied, "So it's a crap shoot then?" The response was, "yes".

One gen3 magazine would seat, but when shooting the gun, the second round would not be picked up after firing the chambered round. Unacceptable for a duty weapon.

I own a lot of PMAGs, both gen2 and gen3. I don't want to have to modify magazines. I don't want a particular AR that will only function with selective magazines. I don't want a duty weapon that can't be relied upon to use magazines that another officer may have.

This is why I am selling off the lower. And this is why I am disappointed with my personal experience with BCM. Especially after two trips to the factory, only to be told not to use anything but mil spec aluminum magazines.

I have found an acquaintance willing to buy the lower, with full disclosure of the issues. He won't be using it as a duty weapon or for HD.

I appreciate all the feedback from the LMT users. I was set to buy an LMT defender lower, but found a deal on a Colt 6920 OEM-1. And a friend who wants to buy the NIB 6920 upper.
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 06-23-15 at 07:31.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    These Gen3 mags seem to be causing a lot of comparability problems with lowers. I too have the same problem with one of my lowers. I contacted Magpul and they sent me the latest batch of magazines, but that still didn't correct the issue. The lower works perfectly with mil-spec mags and previous generation pmags. Since then, I have shifted my supply of magazines over to NHMTG magazines since they perform flawlessly in every rifle I own.

I understand your frustration, It sucks having a rifle that you can't trust with every magazine you own, but I think this may be a magazine issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast