Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Certified Mail

Feedback Score
    Got confirmation yesterday mine was recieved the 15th......... Yea, good feeling!

Feedback Score
    I send it priority mail, about a $5 more when you factor in the increased mailing cost of a larger mailer due to the width because of the trust. If you send it using click and ship you get free delivery confirmation.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LonghunterCO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones
    However, the clerk at my local PO told me that I needed to send it via Priority Mail (for another $4 or $5) or the envelope needed to be at least 3/4" thick (and suggested I stuff the envelope with tissue) in order to be able to use the delivery confirmation.
    Is that a joke? Tell me that this was a joke?
    The reason it has to be at least 3/4" thick is that it is then considered a parcel (for First Class Mail). All Priority Mail is considered a "parcel".

The delivery confirmation for first class mail is called "certified mail" unless it is a parcel in which case you can use the Delivery Confirmation label.

Kind of confusing and stupid. I know more than some of the local PO employees about some of this stuff -- they say that not me -- since I ship stuff out almost daily and have been doing so for several years.

I once was trying to trap a bank that was holding payments a few days until after the due date and then applying them. I sent the checks in with Delivery Confirmation by just sticking in a packing peanut or two in the envelope. It only needs to be 3/4" thick at one point. Of course, every time I sent in a check with the Delivery Confirmation the payments would post immediately. But when I did it without, they were delayed again...

Chad
    • formerly known as "eguns-com"
    • M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I run eguns.com
    •eguns.com has not been actively promoted in a long time though I still do Dillon special
    orders, etc. and I have random left over inventory.
    •"eguns.com" domain name for sale (not the webstore). Serious enquiries only.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by eguns-com View Post
    The reason it has to be at least 3/4" thick is that it is then considered a parcel (for First Class Mail). All Priority Mail is considered a "parcel".

The delivery confirmation for first class mail is called "certified mail" unless it is a parcel in which case you can use the Delivery Confirmation label.

Kind of confusing and stupid.

Chad

You know I read stuff like this and the first thing that comes to mind is all the people that want the government to run healthcare.

thanks for the clarifiaction Chad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12