Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LaLancaster Consulting AK 47

Feedback Score

LaLancaster Consulting AK 47

Hey guys. A friend of mine just got his Lancaster Consulting AK 47 w/ Black Poly Furniture from Atlanticfirearms. The gun looked nice. That is up until I started disassembly. First it took 2 people to remove dust cover. One pushing on a spring and another removing the cover. Then BCG came out kind of tight. A gas tube release lever did not want to budge so it had to be tapped by screwdriver using a moderate force. And last a cleaning rod came out with a bit force. And of course the assembly was a complete pain. It took 2 people to put a gas tube back on - one holding the gun and another tapping on a screwdriver to lock the lever back. Then a BCG had to be hammered back in with a fist. And last but not list a cleaning rod took 10 min. to put back in as the last quarter of an inch was hitting something instead of going in all the way. Again 2people: 1 to move a rod away from a barrel and another using a screwdriver to push in while rotating the rod. The mag well was a bit tight too.
    Just to let you know I'm not that new to AKs and handled and shot a few of Russian military AKMs and AK-74. I don't recollect having any of those problems as we were used to be timed on disassembly/assembly procedures.
    So my question is: Was this gun put together right or is it too new and too tight?
    Thanks guys.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The BCG being "tight" is the only thing I'd worry about. The gas tube, dust cover all that can be fitted using a fine metal file. Put some oil on the release lever where it goes through the RSB and work it back and forth when the gun is disassembled to loosen it up. When you say the BCG gave you trouble, were you lining it up correctly on the receiver? There are clearance cuts, make sure the bolt is in the forward position in the carrier and then you push down, basically against the hammer tension, and then slide forward. Some force is alright, hammers are not.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sesend it baback and have them fifix it.

M_P

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    lol @ MP

Yea, give them a call, explain, and they should fix you up.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'm sure Blaine at Atlantic will take care of you. I got my Lancaster from them and didn't see any of the problems you've reported (although I'm having some trouble deciphering exactly what those problems are).

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by zgrins1 View Post
    Hey guys. A friend of mine just got his Lancaster Consulting AK 47 w/ Black Poly Furniture from Atlanticfirearms. The gun looked nice. That is up until I started disassembly. First it took 2 people to remove dust cover. One pushing on a spring and another removing the cover. Then BCG came out kind of tight. A gas tube release lever did not want to budge so it had to be tapped by screwdriver using a moderate force. And last a cleaning rod came out with a bit force. And of course the assembly was a complete pain. It took 2 people to put a gas tube back on - one holding the gun and another tapping on a screwdriver to lock the lever back. Then a BCG had to be hammered back in with a fist. And last but not list a cleaning rod took 10 min. to put back in as the last quarter of an inch was hitting something instead of going in all the way. Again 2people: 1 to move a rod away from a barrel and another using a screwdriver to push in while rotating the rod. The mag well was a bit tight too.
    Just to let you know I'm not that new to AKs and handled and shot a few of Russian military AKMs and AK-74. I don't recollect having any of those problems as we were used to be timed on disassembly/assembly procedures.
    So my question is: Was this gun put together right or is it too new and too tight?
    Thanks guys.

How was the gun packed when you friend got it? When my bud got his Lancaster shipped to him from another dealer in the area. he said that the box was poorly packed and damaged. To his relief, there was no damage to the gun. But I wonder was is packed that way from Lancaster or from the dealer? Where did your buddy get his? A dealer or the manufacture? And how was the packing?

Feedback Score
    Lancaster has had some major issues lately. They let their more experienced guys go and its starting to show. A few shows back they had to use a magazine to hammer one out of the magwell of another AK
    Im Shihan of Shihan Gear.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    Lancaster has had some major issues lately. They let their more experienced guys go and its starting to show. A few shows back they had to use a magazine to hammer one out of the magwell of another AK
    Whoah!

And I was looking at one of there rifles with the russian red furniture as a friend to keep Arsenal SLR company.

Guess I'll pass and look at another manufacturer.
    May 2-2011

Woke up at 7am turned on the TV & saw the news and just smiled ear to ear!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Can you or someone else back this up with some additional information?

Feedback Score

http://www.nodakspud.com/page2.htm

I have had that problem with my Romanian AK but found that it only happened only when I used one of my more “rough” magazines. The newer and more taken care of mags never present that problem. I wonder if the problem was just the magazine, because all the receivers are built the same and are accurate to .001 of an inch. their recievers are not as nice as Saiga recievers but close. their mags are nothing special though, just another bunch of mags imported left in storage for years, only clean the rust off them and paint them black. so i bet thats where the problem lies.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast