Thread: Battle belt and EDC holster compatibility?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Battle belt and EDC holster compatibility?

I'm looking for a kydex holster that can attach to a battle belt and also attach to a belt for OWB carry via attachments?...I believe Gcode makes an attachment.

I want to have the ability to only buy one holster and be able to attach it to my battle belt or attach it to my regular belt.

Any kydex manufacturers make something like this?

Feedback Score
    Check out http://highthreatconcealment.com. they may change your mind on what a battle belt is.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've used my Raven Concealment and DSG Alpha holsters on my battle belt's MOLLE, but didn't car for the set up. I'm now running a T-Rex Arms Ragnarok holster with a Safariland mid-ride adapter. With the Ragnarok, you could relatively easily switch between a mid-rid mount for use with the battle belt and a Bladetech belt mount.

http://trex-arms.com/store/ragnarok-holster-system/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Safariland has various options for attachment on several of their holster types that might suit your needs.

Feedback Score
    That's funny, I just posted a similar question as I hadn't seen your thread. I've been looking at the Raven Concealment Phantom holster which supposedly can be worn OWB and IWB. You can purchase different belt loops for this as well as for different size belts.

Another thought I had was a one size fits all, universal holster mounted to either a battle belt or horizontally on a chest rig. This could accommodate several different types of guns.

US Grunt Gear makes a holster with a Tek lock mount so it should fit a wide variety of belts.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYj_...KEsSr2mPx4xwJg
    Last edited by L84Cabp; 06-09-15 at 23:34.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CatSnipah View Post
    Safariland has various options for attachment on several of their holster types that might suit your needs.
    All my ALS holsters are setup with QLS forks. Often times the hardest part of putting on my belt is figuring out which gun I want to stick on it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I emailed this company and am talking to him about the setup. I like that I can swap out holsters. Reason being, I do not want to deal with installing/uninstalling holsters on a belt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Anybody have experience with the Gcode RTI duty mount on their battle belt?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jahwarrior1423 View Post
    Anybody have experience with the Gcode RTI duty mount on their battle belt?
    G Code quality is excellent! I have two of their holsters and various pieces including the RTI duty mount. Works well. The only criticism I might have is that the RTI mount cocks the holster out at the top just a bit. This results in the pistol sitting just a little farther out from my body than I would like. This is, no doubt, done to help clear vests and such but I wish it was more vertical and/or ever so slightly closer in to the body. You may not even notice this however. YMMV

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Franklin View Post
    All my ALS holsters are setup with QLS forks. Often times the hardest part of putting on my belt is figuring out which gun I want to stick on it.
    My agency tac holsters are issued with the QLS system for the ability to move the holster from drop leg, to duty belt and to vest using the same holster. There are two different versions of the qls system, one with locking tabs and one without. The locking tabs make it a bit more difficult to unlock and slide off the adaptors, but either one is not something you need to worry about someone snatching and pulling off the mount.

I have them mounted on several different holsters and only have one battle belt. It gives me the ability to use my battle belt with several different holsters and different guns without having to rethread the attachments or buy extra mounts.