Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does the Tavor do with being SBR'd and suppressed?

Feedback Score

How does the Tavor do with being SBR'd and suppressed?

Just curious. I'm considering either a Tavor or an AUG. Still deliberating.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    i'd imagine it'll be just fine as the 16" is WAY over gassed with a can.

Feedback Score
    Do we have a good Tavor vs. AUG thread? I didn't see one in the search.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    How much of the barrel could you realistically remove as it is? There is only so much sticking out of the front end anyway.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    On a similar thought, wasn't there talk about IWI bringing in the X95? If you are looking for a shorter Tavor variant(Controls are a little different from my understanding) that could be the ticket since it would likely be most at home SBRed. The downside is IF they ever get them here.

Other than that, I think an SBRed Tavor could be interesting, though I would be one of the ones who would feel that the wouldn't be worth the cost to get the barrel down an extra inch or two, personally. But, on the flip side, I wouldn't be against seeing someone else do it and hearing the data and reports on it since it would be an interesting read.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    I run mine suppressed with no issues using M4-2000 can.
    they have X95 as a SBR, it's designed to mimic all the controls of an AR15. I have pics of it if you want them.
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I imagine IWI will milk every penny it can from the Tavor before it will release the x95, if ever.

Feedback Score
    they said they came up with the X95 to meet the demands of our military. .. their new Galil's look awesome
    Using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by peashooter76 View Post
    I imagine IWI will milk every penny it can from the Tavor before it will release the x95, if ever.
    I know a few marketing folks at IWI and they're working on getting the X95 in now. Just submitted some compliant ones to BAFTE last month and they're planning on offering factory SBR barrels (to replace the 16'' they'll come with) if it gets approved.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I was told on the best authority that the X95 would be sold in the U.S. in 2016.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast