Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your ready vehicle

Feedback Score
    I only own one vehicle as 90% of the time, due to where I reside, I walk practically everywhere, work, restaurants, entertainment areas, shopping locales, beach, etc. I guess my Volvo XC90 is my ready vehicle, actually only vehicle.

Feedback Score
    Yes, correct. The manual Subaru’s use a permanent 50F/50R torque split Viscous Center Diff, and then brake-lock traction control for side-to-side split. That system probably is much better.

The CVT “Lineartronic” whatever is pretty similar to what’s in a rav4 or a CRV: it’s Front wheel Drive until it senses a problem with traction, then it throws only 40% rear. It’s garbage.

Feedback Score
    Delete.
    Last edited by RetroRevolver77; 04-20-20 at 11:44.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RetroRevolver77 View Post
    Now would be the time to take your vehicles in for a complete service.
    Why? Did the boog start?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Wow, can't believe it's been 5 years since I started this thread. Still have my supercharged 2015 Tacoma and throw some money at it every now and then. For the most part she just sleeps in the garage. 5 years old and I've only put 13,000 miles on it.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    How much of a difference in drivability, if any, did the supercharger make?
    Quote Originally Posted by nof555 View Post
    Wow, can't believe it's been 5 years since I started this thread. Still have my supercharged 2015 Tacoma and throw some money at it every now and then. For the most part she just sleeps in the garage. 5 years old and I've only put 13,000 miles on it.

ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrodder636 View Post
    How much of a difference in drivability, if any, did the supercharger make?
    The supercharger by itself adds 70hp and 70ftlbs of torque to the crank. That's a third more hp than stock so it's definitely way more responsive. With my smaller pulley, intake, and exhaust I'm probably closer to an additional 100 hp and torque over stock. It's not fast, but it's definitely quick and way more fun.

To put it simply, with roughly 320hp and 350 torque it drives like a V8 in a midsize truck.

Last edited by nof555; 03-05-20 at 15:09.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Update for anyone who said Subaru:

DO NOT under any circumstances, rely on these things for mild off roading. They can’t do it. My 2015 outback with a 1” lift and HD rear springs, in “X-Mode” would not traverse a mildly muddy 2 track. Not wet soupy mud either. And I have Hankook Dynapro A/T2 tires on it.

It does well on snowy or rainy roads, but I’ve lost all confidence in it for even light off roading. In a cross-axle situation, the computer does not send power to where it’s needed. Thinking about getting a used 4Runner or Cherokee Trailhawk once the $$ makes sense. I feel like something with a rear locker is a perfect balance
    Are you really surprised by this?

Subaru is so over rated it is actually pretty funny. No offense intended, but we pretty much call Subaru the Left coast poser vehicle in these parts.

Last thanksgiving we got 30+ inches of snow in a 24 hour period. I took ole Blue out and had a blast before the plows were able to clear things.

The snow was so deep it was hitting the front grill and launching over the hood and obstructing my vision.

The truck didn’t miss a beat and I was not even close to being stuck. Ground clearance, tires and real 4WD make all the difference. I had to use the rear locker on an uphill portion of these two tracks.

This picture was taken after I had already cleared the truck off one time with around 12" of snow.

You can't really tell the depth of the snow in these videos, but you get the point by the amount of snow coming over the top of a pretty tall truck.

https://hkguns.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-...095537-200.mp4

https://hkguns.zenfolio.com/img/s/v-...096729-200.mp4
    Last edited by HKGuns; 03-21-20 at 12:43.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Mozart, get the used Forerunner. I have one and never have issues. 2007 with Bilstein shocks and leveled. Damit, Toyota has it figured out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nof555 View Post

Bingo. Same here.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast