Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your ready vehicle

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    TOYota, the Bushmaster of trucks. Darn good thing this isn't a vehicle forum.
    SOF personnel and guerrilla fighters from the most inhospitable places on the globe disagree with you and your brand loyalty.

Well them and Artic explorers.

Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 06-12-15 at 00:42.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Last edited by Moose-Knuckle; 08-24-18 at 04:36.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by platoonDaddy View Post
    For years, I had this and that planned for bugout, that cost mucho monies. BUT when you get my age, you say to yourself, f**** it. I ain't going anywhere, my home is my bugout-location.
    Agreed, if I go anywhere it's to my buddies place 10 miles from my house. I'm not necessarily talking about a bug out vehicle, but a vehicle you rely on in the winter or if you were to have a bad storm and had to navigate trees, debris, flood waters, etc.
    Last edited by nof555; 06-12-15 at 02:04.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Why would I get a full size truck if I have no need, nor want the size? Let me know how it is doing in 200k miles

Feedback Score
    Not to even mention the cost of a Raptor.

I would put my faith in those Toyota's as many fighter has already.

My actual bug out vehicle at this point will be my feet.

IF I could get out of the grid in time to beat the traffic jam then I would use my RAM to pull my tow camper to some place but at this time that is not even the bug out plan.
    At this time my family's best option is to cover about 12 miles of ground to another location where things are waiting and bug in. I don't particularly think bugging in is THE option but it's our best one ATM.

The RAM & Raptor type trucks are too big. Combine that with independent suspension and IMO they are just not good "OFF road" type trucks. On my RAM I do have the solid rear axle but the front is independent.

It seems to me that this topic is another one of those mission drives the gear veins. In a place like I live (PA) you would want a smaller off road 4x4.
    Last edited by Mr.Anderson; 06-12-15 at 08:14. Reason: spelling

*MY line in the sand has long been drawn.
    And in today's world... it's sobering to look what ground is left in front of it*
    ---------------------------------------
    But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; - Ephesians 5:3

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well the OP did define this in a context not restricted to "bugout".

My first "go to" vehicle is a Ram 3500 diesel 4x4. Also carries my fifth wheel (may be handy as a bugout, eh?) I also have an old Bronco 4x4 lifted with a mile marker hydraulic 12,000lb winch and lockers front and rear. That'll go most anywhere. There is also a Polaris Sportsman 700 in the shed...

I already live in the mountains next to a small lake. I don't see a need to bug out unless it's a forest fire. But if I had to, the fifth wheel can be hooked up and me gone in a half hour. The trailer is always fully stocked with supplies.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)

You're gonna need 90% or your cargo capacity to carry extra fuel for that pig. Meanwhile, that Toyota you're slamming will be happily chugging along. FWIW, I'll bet my 4Runner gets better mileage towing this than that Raptor you don't even own.

What if this whole crusade's a charade?
    And behind it all there's a price to be paid
    For the blood which we dine
    Justified in the name of the holy and the divine…

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    SOF personnel and guerrilla fighters from the most inhospitable places on the globe disagree with you and your brand loyalty.

As someone that has use Totota Hi-Lux trucks and Land Cruisers in some of the worst places in the world I will tell you that they are great. The Toyota Tacoma and the Land Cruisers that you get in the US are good vehicles but are not the Glock 19s but more like S&W Sigmas of the world.

That being said, anytime that I have been in a Hi-Lux I would rather have a Diesel Ford F250 any day. As for the raptor.....a total wast and I was glad to see it go away.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    No doubt.....Toyota has been building the Land Cruiser for how many decades??? Their expertise in building true off road vehicles is undoubtedly superior to any other mfg. Now, are they utilizing it any longer? Perhaps......We get screwed based on emission laws and the like but still.......The Tacoma is a decent truck. Find an FJ60 in good working order and throw an Old Man Emu kit on it, ARB steel front and rear bumpers and some Lightforce offroad lights and you're good to go. My FJ has been bullet proof and with the mod's I've done can't be beaten. I could buy two of those things in decent to good condition for the price of a brand new Raptor.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    As for the raptor.....a total wast and I was glad to see it go away.
    Raptor is back for 2015 with the 3.5 Eco Boost and 10 speed automatic.

The new Ford trucks in my AO are all priced insanely high. No way I'm paying $65,000 for a pick up truck.

Wranglers are getting the same way, over $40,000 for a Rubicon, and you're stuck with an 'unproven' engine.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast