Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your ready vehicle

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

What is your ready vehicle

The new Aluminum Raptor will be a 2017 model available in 2016.

Doc, I gotta disagree with you on the Raptor. But the F250 is one heck of a vehicle too.

Just like rifles, you get what you pay for, up to a point of course.
    Last edited by HKGuns; 06-12-15 at 16:49.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I dont plan on ever bugging much of anywhere, I'm probably in the sort of place many people think of when they think of bugging out in any event.

I do leave my basic camp gear and some ammo in any vehicle I have. If a quake happened when I was away from home, even just going to town for groceries, it may be a while before I could get home.

Doesnt make much difference to me, whether larger or smaller. Smaller is cheaper to drive, and not as comfortable. Take your pick. That I can sleep in it is one of my primary criteria when buying, besides 4wd. The last couple have been Suburbans, before that was a nissan xtra cab PU, a Toyota PU was int he past, as well as several full size 1/2 and 3/4 t PU's. after realizing I always used a shell on my PU's, I figured an SUV was simpler and more practical all around, which has proved correct for me. I cant imagine buying another PU at this point.
    Last edited by Malamute; 06-12-15 at 17:20.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    As someone that has use Totota Hi-Lux trucks and Land Cruisers in some of the worst places in the world I will tell you that they are great. The Toyota Tacoma and the Land Cruisers that you get in the US are good vehicles but are not the Glock 19s but more like S&W Sigmas of the world.

That being said, anytime that I have been in a Hi-Lux I would rather have a Diesel Ford F250 any day. As for the raptor.....a total wast and I was glad to see it go away.
    I agree. I'm trying to figure out to get my terp to buy me a diesel LC so I can mail it home.
    The toyotas that are sold in the States are nothing compared to the ones sold in third world crap holes.
    Last edited by CRAMBONE; 06-19-15 at 06:48.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    Raptor is back for 2015 with the 3.5 Eco Boost and 10 speed automatic.

The new Ford trucks in my AO are all priced insanely high. No way I'm paying $65,000 for a pick up truck.

Wranglers are getting the same way, over $40,000 for a Rubicon, and you're stuck with an 'unproven' engine.
    Unproven?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nof555 View Post
    Let me know how it is doing in 200k miles
    200k? My fukking ford has had THOUSANDS of dollars in repairs before it hit 90k. Intake manny, A/C compressor, etc.

I'd rather get shot in the nuts than buy another "American" made piece of shit.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    200k? My fukking ford has had THOUSANDS of dollars in repairs before it hit 90k. Intake manny, A/C compressor, etc.

DITTO. And a BIG **** YOU to the "unions", too.
    My ready vehicle will be my Nissan Altima. Not ideal by any means...but it fast, reliable, gets outstanding mileage, ad has more than enough room in back & trunk for all my shtf stuff.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    I'm basing a 'bug out' scenario w/out the ability to utilize the roadways for my truck OR my camper.

So I plan around having to leave it all sitting in the drive.

Now... I really dont think IMO, I will ever experience a bug out. Its fun (not Disney Land kinda fun) to fantasize sometimes about it. But I just dont think an outright collapse like Syria for instance had.

What I see for America is mentioned in my sig line.

*MY line in the sand has long been drawn.
    And in today's world... it's sobering to look what ground is left in front of it*
    ---------------------------------------
    But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; - Ephesians 5:3

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I don't really have anywhere to go, but if I had to, it would definitely be in my '14 Grand Cherokee. It'll probably be pretty stock for the next few years until I get back on the mainland, but it is a very capable 4x4 with more room and comforts than a Wrangler. I took it on one camping trip in the Virginia mountains and it did very well carrying tons of stuff and I was able to fit all of the important stuff in the front seats at night so the wife and I could sleep comfortably in the back. It can also accelerate much quicker than I expected for an SUV with a V6, so that helps too.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If I had to bug out, I'd use my XTerra. It's lifted, 4x4, big enough to take the whole family plus gear, I can tow my trailer if conditions permit for MORE gear, and I have skid plates and sliders since it's regularly used off-road. It also has a full size spare, CB and HAM radios, and a rack for extra gas cans. The downside is it's big, bright, visible, and gets horrendous gas mileage, so I'd only use it if I had a solid plan and destination in mind. More than likely, I'd be using it as a "get home" or "get to the family" vehicle in the event of an emergency. From where I live, there aren't too many places I could go that would be an improvement (depending on the situation, of course.)
    Last edited by sevenhelmet; 06-12-15 at 20:33.
    "We must, indeed, all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." -Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post

My F250 has 98,000 miles on it and I have changed the oil and put new tires on it....... F150 I bet...........
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast