Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your ready vehicle

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Unproven?
    Can't deny a huge amount of cylinder head failure with the 3.6, not sure how many have failed but Chrysler is acknowledging the problem at least.

The Pentastar V6 is the only current engine option that I know of for the Wrangler, and I don't trust it in the slightest.
    Last edited by Pilgrim; 06-12-15 at 22:24. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    As someone that has use Totota Hi-Lux trucks and Land Cruisers in some of the worst places in the world I will tell you that they are great.

No doubt, I wished our .gov would allow importation of the Hi-Lux here.

IF one has the coin, here are some custom built by hand FJ40's.
    http://www.icon4x4.com/overview/fj/models
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
    Can't deny a huge amount of cylinder head failure with the 3.6, not sure how many have failed but Chrysler is acknowledging the problem at least.

The Pentastar V6 is the only current engine option that I know of for the Wrangler, and I don't trust it in the slightest.
    Interesting, I hadn't heard of that until you mentioned it. If Chrysler is correct though, it is a very small percentage of their engines.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Moose-Knuckle View Post
    No doubt, I wished our .gov would allow importation of the Hi-Lux here.

IF one has the coin, here are some custom built by hand FJ40's.
    http://www.icon4x4.com/overview/fj/models
    Those 'look' GTG.

*MY line in the sand has long been drawn.
    And in today's world... it's sobering to look what ground is left in front of it*
    ---------------------------------------
    But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; - Ephesians 5:3

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Currently my 09 Tacoma. Double cab (2 kids under 3), 4x4 sport package (blech, but all I could find). Still, does fine on the minor off roading I do sometimes. Has a 2" lift, light armor, some minor mods and lighting. Eventually I'd like to get it to "overland" status (see Expeditionportal.com for some fun truck pron), but after it gets replaced as my daily driver. Really go heavy with a solid lift kit, recovery gear, maybe a solid axle swap and Dana transmission swap, roof rack for the water and fuel cans ...

Stocked at all times with a gallon or water, food, blankets, FAK, some light recovery gear, and a small backpack. I could get home with the stuff I have (only about 15 miles, and to be honest, I might leave everything and just take my keys and have a good run day). That being said, if it's between that or my wife's Civic ... it wins. Though her car has similar stuff, a diaper bag runs in hers too.

I keep 5 5-gal jerry cans of fuel and 2 of water, so I can toss them in the back pretty quick if need be and get an extra 300 miles of range. Usually refill about 1/4 tank, but if the weather report has stormy weather down in FL, I'll keep a closer eye on it. Like I said, it's a long run home, and my wife is on a military base with the kids. They'd probably be safer bunking down there until things quiet down.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just got a new (to me) 4Runner, really liking it so far. Already took it on two camping trips and two family vacation trips.
    ^^ Read with southern accent !^^ and blame all grammatical errors on Alabama's public school system.
    Technique is nothing more than failed style. Cecil B DeMented
    "If you can't eat it or hump it, piss on it and walk away."-Dog
    Go where the food is.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Step 1: acquire pickup truck
    Step 2: install boat seat pedestal in bed, attach seat of choice
    Step 3: find belt-fed .308
    Step 4: fab up a means to connect the .308 belt fed with the seat.
    Step 5: allow for 180 degrees of horizontal axis, allow for ~60 degrees of vertical axis to gun mount
    Step 6: rig up some AR500 armor for a shield for the bed man (if you like the guy)
    Step 7: while I don't care for them on carbines, install EOTech on belt fed .308
    Step 8: install brush guard with winch-mount and winch
    Step 9: equip comm system
    Step 10: ensure vehicle has blue-tooth capabilities, and an MP3 playing device is nearby
    Step 11: fire up Metallica, At the Gates, or Children of Bodom

Step 12: pat self on back, for finally having a technical

I'm still debating whether or not I'd just pick up the new Civvy-SAW from FN:

http://www.fnhusa.com/l/products/col...-series/m249s/

Last edited by Outlander Systems; 06-14-15 at 20:12.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caduceus View Post
    Currently my 09 Tacoma. Double cab (2 kids under 3), 4x4 sport package (blech, but all I could find). Still, does fine on the minor off roading I do sometimes. Has a 2" lift, light armor, some minor mods and lighting. Eventually I'd like to get it to "overland" status (see Expeditionportal.com for some fun truck pron), but after it gets replaced as my daily driver. Really go heavy with a solid lift kit, recovery gear, maybe a solid axle swap and Dana transmission swap, roof rack for the water and fuel cans ...

Stocked at all times with a gallon or water, food, blankets, FAK, some light recovery gear, and a small backpack. I could get home with the stuff I have (only about 15 miles, and to be honest, I might leave everything and just take my keys and have a good run day). That being said, if it's between that or my wife's Civic ... it wins. Though her car has similar stuff, a diaper bag runs in hers too.

I keep 5 5-gal jerry cans of fuel and 2 of water, so I can toss them in the back pretty quick if need be and get an extra 300 miles of range. Usually refill about 1/4 tank, but if the weather report has stormy weather down in FL, I'll keep a closer eye on it. Like I said, it's a long run home, and my wife is on a military base with the kids. They'd probably be safer bunking down there until things quiet down.
    That extra security and numerous amount of relatively like minded individuals is definitely a benefit of being on base.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post

I'm still debating whether or not I'd just pick up the new Civvy-SAW from FN:
    If only it wasn't like $8k.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Interesting, I hadn't heard of that until you mentioned it. If Chrysler is correct though, it is a very small percentage of their engines.
    An upgrade coming soon on the 3.6 Pentastar, seems to be addressing the problems and cutting the amount of parts and weight... That with everybody dissing on the current Toyota's... I'm back to being interested in a Wrangler, middle life crisis perhaps.

I was able to closely examine a Toyota Tundra Pro this weekend, it was 'nice', but seemed to be missing something, like it was just slapped together or something, hard to put my finger on, but getting to play with a Tundra Pro was a let down. It was as boring as my daughters Corolla!
    Last edited by Pilgrim; 06-14-15 at 21:21.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast