Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: What is your ready vehicle

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Between my rig and the wife's GTI, it's pretty much a no-brainer. Hers might be better on fuel, but the ability to go off-road in 4x4 would most likely tip the scales in my favor. I set the truck up as a (nicer than most in my area) pavement-pounder, hence the on-road tires. But she's nimble enough and has plenty of room in the back seat and bed to haul what we'd need, including our Boxers.

Take it like a man."

This Too Shall Pass

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    2000 Ford Focus station wagon...
    Up men! Up! And to your posts! Let no man forget today that he is from Old Virginia! - General George Pickett

Feedback Score
    Just upgraded from the RAM to a 2012 F150 supercrew with the 3.5L Ecoboost. 20k miles. 1 owner. Brand new really.

Towed our tow camper (6,900 lbs dry) with 4 kids and a fold up picnic table down to Williamsburg VA like a dream.

But sadly all good things must end. So we'll be heading back tomorrow.

But my ability to bug out with all of this would be dependent upon getting "out" before everyone jammed up the roads.
    It is a 4x4 but this truck is no willys jeep. Its 157" long with AT's on it but it still wont navigate nasty terrain.

*MY line in the sand has long been drawn.
    And in today's world... it's sobering to look what ground is left in front of it*
    ---------------------------------------
    But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; - Ephesians 5:3

Feedback Score
    '84 Landcruiser. Undercarriage completely restored. 350 small block. Strong as an ox. ZERO leaks/drips/issues. ARB front bumper. Customer built steel rear bumper. Lightforce up front. 35" mud terrains. Okay....Mine's the silver FJ but he'll be coming to the rescue!!!

FullSizeRender1.jpg

IMG_2433.jpg
    Last edited by billybronco; 07-16-15 at 12:36.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    That is a nice FJ60/62 ^

Feedback Score
    Here is mine. 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5 Premium, put 21k miles on it so far, and I freaking love it.

Fits 5 TALL people comfortably (I’m 6’3 and can fit with room to spare in the backseats, with the front seats adjusted for someone tall as well.)

33MPG highway,27 city, 18.5 gal fuel tank, so a range of about 600 miles per tank.

8.7 inches of ground clearance, same as a 2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk.

Arguably the best AWD system in consumer vehicles today. Uses an electronically “simulated” LSD. Lose traction on one or more wheels and the system shifts power to the wheels with traction.

The 2015+ models have “X-mode,” which reduces throttle sensitivity and makes the power band smoother for even less wheelspin. Also has “hill descent control” which automatically controls steep hill descent speeds without the driver braking.

I don’t have the Eyesight system on mine, but I really regret not getting it. Not having to constantly mess with cruise control on the highway, just set a following distance/speed and you're good to go.

Unbeatable in the snow/ice, especially with the right tires. None of that in Florida though.

Minor cons would be approach/departure angles. A lot of overhang on both ends, but this isn’t meant to be a Jeep.

A lot of people have complained about the roof rack and it’s usability, but I’ve had 160+ lbs of kayaks up there with no issues.

It does a few things exceptionally well, and everything else really well. It’s a great mix between on-road comfort and off-road capability.

Driving down Old Bellamy Road/Bellamy Avenue, Florida's first federal highway, built in 1824.

scoobs2.jpg

Took it to nearby land with some small, pretty steep hills. The OB did great.
    scoobs.jpg
    "Doc, can you check out this thing I got?"
    -Every Marine, ever.

Feedback Score
    90 (97%)
    2000 Jeep WJ Laredo
    4in Rough Country Lift
    Rough Country Steer Stabilizer Kit

Coming soon, 17in Factory Jeep JK Wheels with 265/70/17 BF Goodrich Mud Terrian K2's, Roof Rack, Spare Tire Compartment Bug Out Bag Holder.

Last edited by jwfuhrman; 07-18-15 at 08:05.
    JF Arms Company - Owner
    07/02 FFL/SOT

Sword & Shield Training Group - SSTG
    - Be the Sword & Shield for your community thru knowledge and skills.

----------------------
    EMT - Parkview DeKalb EMS

13 years of serving Northeast Indiana's citizens.
    ----------------------
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Feedback Score
    Waiting on someone to side swipe me so I can get rid of the flames but besides that I love this thing, 4 captains chairs and all the add ons (DVD, air bags, goose neck hitch, etc). I've bulletproofed it and monitor all the needed parameters to (hopefully) ensure I catch anything before it causes cascading issues. Most people are scared of the 6.0 but after doing all my own wrenching (that included pulling the engine thanks to the head shop not setting my valves far enough back), I feel like I know it pretty well and she should be good to go for a long time.

All I want to add is a front hitch and a portable winch, I want to be able to move it to another vehicle if needed and/or to the rear.

Piston I had to replace, thankfully it didn't get into the block:

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I trust my '08 4Runner over any other vehicle I've driven. It's a workhorse that gets great MPG (I get 19 average, 17 city and 22-24 highway) has great acceleration, very capable 4X4- I've run it through the paces and it just goes and goes. I do brake jobs and oil changes myself and it is easy to work on. I just got too 100,000 miles and will be replacing water pump timing chain myself and doing all fluid flush and replace, also changing spark plugs and greasing/lubing everything.

I have FJ coils and bilstein 5100's for a 1.75" lift. Good tires and tire placement gets me ANYWHERE I want/need to go other than crawling on big rocks.

I have a roof rack and hitch rack that can hold all my gear and then some and can fit the family, dog and arsenal inside comfortably.

I do need to get a new front bumper and winch though. Along with some exterior lighting I want to do.

A raptor? I've pulled two of those out of some easy shit on trails that are simple...
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast