Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jason Burton-Why I choose to carry a full size 1911

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Jason Burton-Why I choose to carry a full size 1911

“It’s a big gun when you carry it and it’s a big gun when you pull it out to shoot."

http://blog.springfield-armory.com/w...full-size-1911
    I treat my lawnmower better than I treat my 1911.

Feedback Score
    52 (98%)
    The weight kills it for me. That heavy sucker dragging my pants down all day long was a royal PITA.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Interesting. Personally, if I'm carrying a 1911 as opposed to a Glock or other similar auto, it will always be a full sized.
    Gun and Gear Reviews- www.almosttacticalreviews.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I find it hard to take what's supposedly an objective article seriously when it's on the page of a company that sells a whole lot of the product that the article is pushing.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    I find it hard to take what's supposedly an objective article seriously when it's on the page of a company that sells a whole lot of the product that the article is pushing.
    Objective? Read more like a subjective blog to me. The whole introduction is personalized. The 2nd paragraph end with, "at least for me" and he even throws in his current home state of Arizona.

What's not to take seriously? A major 1911 manufacturer published a blog article on their website by a person who carries a full size 1911 on why he carries a full size 1911. I think that makes it about as subjective as it could be.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Not sure what the utility of this articles is. I CCWd a government 1911 for years then FS M&P.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well, it's a little bit of marketing. I probably wouldn't have read it if it wasn't someone like John Harrison, Stan Chen, Jason Burton, Steve Morrison kinda person. It didn't tell me much I didn't know, but, well, it's not a bad drumbeat either. I carry either a glock or one of a couple of 1911s.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    While I dislike the capacity, the 1911 is probably my favorite carry gun. The gun just fits my body size and style. I've owned several, and I will probably always own a 1911, and work it into my carry rotation. Just gotta remember to carry a couple spare magazines along with it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yeah, that's kinda part of it for me. When I'm too lazy to gear up with a couple of spares on hip, it's usually the Glock.

Feedback Score
    43 (98%)
    I carried a full size Wilson CQB for several years both and off duty. Even for a skinny guy (5'9", 155lbs) I never had an issue with the weight or size. The slimness and shape of the gun just seemed to fit by body well.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast