Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Appendix Carry Holster Reviews

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Appendix Carry Holster Reviews

Once I purchased a Shield, I decided to look into the world of appendix carry. What I have used to date which I'll give a brief review/rating of for those doing the same. Not pictured but tested briefly, was Haley/G Code...Left to right,

JM Custom, Fury Solutions, Blade-tech, faux leather holster (don't remember the brand) and that's Fury Solutions belt side mag holder.

UPDATE: see review of Fury Holster post #18.

The first I purchased was the Blade-tech as it was cheap and I knew would be delivered quickly and would allow me to try this method of CCW before committing. It's not kydex but injected molded plastic, has not tension adjustments, etc. and is what it is. However, I found it surprisingly comfortable, concealable, and for the $, and excellent choice for those who just wanna try that method of CCW. I'm actually happy I started with it and would recommend it as a "starter" appendix rig. I'm also happy I started with it, because I figured if that was good, a more expensive better built holster would be that much better. I was wrong. I used it to work on dry fire work, etc and waited like six weeks for the Haley/G Code.

Haley/G Code (not pictured)

Not for me: it concealed poorly and was very uncomfortable whether one or two clips used and I hope the M4C member who purchased it had better luck with it than I did. Don't think I have evr taken a dislike to a holster that fast. Maybe my expectations were too high.... I suspect it may work better for those built more like it's designer who is on the taller and thinner side. For a shorter thicker guy, it was a no go. I can say it's a very well built holster if it fits your needs. Maybe it makes a decent IWB as strong hip carry, but it was a real let down as an appendix holster for me.

JM Custom

That was/is a loaner from someone who let me use it for a few weeks. It's comfortable, conceals well, and I can see the reason it's on the short list for those recommending appendix carry. The only real issue I have is the lack of sweat guard on that model. If it had had a sweat guard, I would have bought it without reservation. My only issue with JM is the long wait time and it seems a tad pricy to me for what it is. However, it's a solid choice for appendix in my experience if wait time and or price not an issue.

Fury Solutions.

I have had excellent experience with this company, and own a belt slide and mag holders for my VP9 and the Shield. Design, quality for $$, and reasonable shipping times, had made them a favorite for me. They didn't have an appendix rig when I was looking a while back or I would have started with them. They do now, and I decided to have some fun with "Fury red" color. So far, it seems a winner as with their other holsters. However, they do one thing I'm not a fan of which seems taken from the G code, and that's to put an angle on the clip vs making it parallel to the holster as the JM does and most others do. I have not worn this holster for an extended time, so cant fully report, but will in a week or two. I don't like that way the clip is bent, and it tends to stick out and print. I can theorize as to why they might do it (forced the gun int your body, etc) but in real world use, I don't like it, and it's one of various things I didn't like about the G code. The good news is, they clips are adjustable and or removable, so I may inquire about different clips or simply heat and bend it to my liking.

See:

faux leather holster.

Just something I decided to try to compare to rigid holsters. Comfort and concealabilty were decent, but it suffers two major drawbacks that made it a no go. The faux leather is very sticky and with pressure from the belt, etc, damn near impossible to draw gun from and once drawn, collapses so you can't re holster. Total fail. It does make for a decent gun protector at least.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 06-15-15 at 14:16.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Your Experience is consistent with mine for the incog. Its pretty difficult to conceal.

I have a JM customs I will review eventually, its my go to and pretty good all around.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoo_Man View Post
    Your Experience is consistent with mine for the incog. Its pretty difficult to conceal.
    And the tactical fuzz was a fail for me. What did you think the bent clip(s) of the incog?

I have a JM customs I will review eventually, its my go to and pretty good all around.
    Seems hard to go wrong with that choice.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 06-12-15 at 13:51.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Currently trying Eaton tactical innovations out for Glock, as well as FIST k8

http://eatontacticalinnovations.com/holsters/

http://www.fist-holsters.com/novoerf...-holsters.html

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Tactical fuzz is a no go.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    +1 for JM Custom Kydex. Used one for a couple years for my EDC G19. In fact, I have another one in my mailbox right now, that I'm headed home to try out. I've loaned my original out to several friends, who have all bought their own eventually.

Feedback Score
    +2 for JM Custom. My order took about ten weeks (knew that going in) but I'm happy. I have an appendix rig for both the Colt Defender and Gen 1 G17, + mag holders for each. I got extra clips and soft loops to try the options. Very comfortable rigs.
    "You get more with a kind word and a gun, than a gun alone"- Al Capone

"By the way, it's inches that I'm giving you..."
    - Roman

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    That review is very helpful Will. Thanks for posting that!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JW5219 View Post
    That review is very helpful Will. Thanks for posting that!
    Glad it helped.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Tactical fuzz is a no go.
    So your conclusion is Tactical fuz is tactical fail?
    Last edited by WillBrink; 06-15-15 at 14:18.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast