Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Appendix Carry Holster Reviews

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a few JMC holsters and for AIWB they seem to be the best for my body shape. My MP did conceal better in a CCC Shaggy. The P30, VP9 do well with the JMC. The G42 rides in a Blade Tech Klipt and like you I did the quick and dirty Amazon thing and it works surprisingly well, even with gym shorts. Thinking about Smart Carry for the gym.

On the Fury; can the clips be ditched and replaced with something else. Like CompTac or something from Knife Kits?

Feedback Score
    18 (95%)
    JM's work well for me. You can get it with a full, mid or no sweat guard.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I had the same experience with the G code incog. I put it on, said nope and right into the drawer.
    NRA Chief Range Safety Officer
    NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse to Be a Victim and Personal Protection in the Home
    Full time instructor for Florida Firearms Training
    21 years as USAF Combat Arms Instructor and First Sergeant

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Out of curiosity, why do so many people hate the "tactical fuzz" on the G-CODE?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    The tac fuzz eventually flakes off due to body sweat.
    "You get more with a kind word and a gun, than a gun alone"- Al Capone

"By the way, it's inches that I'm giving you..."
    - Roman

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AFshirt View Post
    I had the same experience with the G code incog. I put it on, said nope and right into the drawer.
    I agree. The bent clip prints way too much. I paid $7 for a straight kydex clip w/no holes on ebay and simply drilled the holes in place and cut off the excess. The holster is great now. For the price and the wait time, it should be perfect though.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IOwnAGun View Post
    I agree. The bent clip prints way too much. I paid $7 for a straight kydex clip w/no holes on ebay and simply drilled the holes in place and cut off the excess. The holster is great now. For the price and the wait time, it should be perfect though.
    The clips themselves easy to bend. Heat them up, bend them straight, done. I used a heat gun, but other methods would work fine. Just did that on the Fury Holster (clip is supplied by G code so same clip...) and that helped a ton in comfort and concealment. I can't fathom who decided those bent clips are a good idea, but they greatly reduce comfort and concealibility in my experience. I can see what the idea was "on paper" but as with so many an idea, does not seem like anyone really tested in the wild to see if it actually works.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    As mentioned in the OP, a follow up on the Fury appendix holster. As mentioned, I have had good experiences with them and I think their designs/quality/cost/delivery has put them the short list for me. I think this holster is a good choice, but for two issues. As we all know, holsters are very dependent on the person wearing it, which is why one of many reasons person A loves a holster and person B does not. Now that I have spent time wearing it, here's my thoughts. My two issues with this holster I suspect mostly a product of my being a short stocky type. If you're of the taller/thinner shape, may be a non issue to you. One issue as mentioned in the OP is the bent clip which is from G code. The idea of that clip is to push the gun back into the body and help prevent the gun from tipping forward. For me, it reduces comfort and concealability.

My answer to that was to take a heat gun at low power and straighten the clip. For me, that made a big improvement in both comfort and concealability.

However, I did communicate with Nick A at Fury, and he did not recommend heating the clip to bend it as the heat may permanently alter its strength characteristics. Some materials lose strength and integrity when heated/re heated. My altering it's shape seems to have had no negative effects on the clip which remains very rigid. However, heat & bend at your own risk as they don't recommend it.

Issue two, the corner of the holster digs into the thigh/hip crease at times when sitting and walking forcing me to make physical adjustments more often than I'd like, or a sore area is the result. Again, that's likely my short torso, how I wear my pants, etc and may be a non issue to others. However, I have noted other designs do a better job of rounding that area off/minimizing the shape making it more comfortable for short and taller types. My advice to Fury (which I'm passing onto them) would be to remove one of those tension screws, and take the edge off by sloping it up and rounding off more. If you have a shorter torso and or wear your pants on the lower side (or both!), that edge becomes a problem and you find yourself having to adjust the holster more often than you should:

If a straight clip, and or perhaps the choice of a belt loop (similar to the JM and others) were offered and that corner improved per above, would make the Fury a great choice for an appendix holster. As is, for me at least, I'd give it a B-. If I'm right about those two issues being mostly related to the body shape issue, and you're of the thinner/taller shape, the Fury may be the perfect choice and worth a try for sure.

As always, a quality gun belt is a must, and that's another topic!
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've been using an OTG for my shield aiwb and so far it's my go to. The JM belt loop doesn't do it for me and the gcode is so much bigger overall. The OTG offers a full sweat guard as well (which I prefer) with decent shipping times.

https://otghex.com/products/mki-insi...vselect=group3

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Another vote for JM Customs. I AIWB daily with my glock 26 and glock 19 and it works flawlessly. Can't wait to get one for a glock 19 with the new surefire XC1!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast