Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Colt SP1 issues

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassIIIGunsmith View Post
    No problem. I think his sling is from a old 2 piece military tent packing strap.
    Why would you want a moderator (besides cool factor)? I find that a A1 flash hider does wonders and is $2000 cheaper than a moderator and $35-45 cheaper than a fake one. Also it defeates the purpose of it being a SBR.
    Also do you mean HK G21 GPMG or a Glock 21?
    The sling is an original Vietnam era used OD nylon M14 sling (from What-A-Country). As far as the issue with the moderator, I would not recommend going that route in your restoration process. Unless you want to go with a 10" barrel and get a real XM moderator (http://www.innovativeindustriesllc.c...m177-moderator) as these are both NFA items, I would just stick with a 11.5" or 12.5" barrel.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    No problem. I think his sling is from a old 2 piece military tent packing strap.
    Why would you want a moderator (besides cool factor)? I find that a A1 flash hider does wonders and is $2000 cheaper than a moderator and $35-45 cheaper than a fake one. Also it defeates the purpose of it being a SBR.
    Also do you mean HK G21 GPMG or a Glock 21?
    Oh yea...."cheap" is the direction I want to go. I want to return it to a 12.5 as that is what is supposed to be.

Glock 21. We were originally issued G21s in 92 and 93. I was able to get them replaced in 2011. I think I started the process in either 2006 or 2007 and got shot down every year during budget process. We are a 150 officer dept.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    The sling is an original Vietnam era used OD nylon M14 sling (from What-A-Country). As far as the issue with the moderator, I would not recommend going that route in your restoration process. Unless you want to go with a 10" barrel and get a real XM moderator (http://www.innovativeindustriesllc.c...m177-moderator) as these are both NFA items, I would just stick with a 11.5" or 12.5" barrel.
    Ok it didn't look like a m14 sling. It looked like a home solution like the troops did durning vietnam with rubber hose. Also its a SBR already so he would only need approvel for another Form 10 which is no tax and no wait (LE only).
    Last edited by ClassIIIGunsmith; 06-18-15 at 22:53.
    "Guns are tools; people are the real weapons!"
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Ok it didn't look like a m14 sling. It looked like a home solution like the troops did durning vietnam with rubber hose. Also its a SBR already so he would only need approvel for another Form 10 which is no tax and no wait (LE only).
    I reconfigured the sling to work without the clip/swivel. When I was building my XM177E2, I used another one I saw and used it for a reference as to what sling I was going to use.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    OP

You're kinda all over the place here. You're really running your mouth about something that happened before you were with the PD. you accuse someone of stealing parts then you talk about the PD selling some FA guns to a dealer. Did the PD sell the upper and fire control to the dealer as well? They could have traded the origional upper for the current upper. Both make good sense to me. You can play "what if" all day. But with out the facts you should not be making accusations. It's poor form. especially for a cop. You should know better. It is also common for a PD to take an M16 and replace the FA Fire control with semi auto parts.

Why would you spend department funds to return an A1 to "origional" specs? Why not get a modern upper on the gun. This isn't a museum. This is a tool that should be used by your PD, not a toy to play with. Buy something like a BCM 11.5" upper and call it a day. That's what we did with our A1's.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
    OP

Why would you spend department funds to return an A1 to "origional" specs? Why not get a modern upper on the gun. This isn't a museum. This is a tool that should be used by your PD, not a toy to play with. Buy something like a BCM 11.5" upper and call it a day. That's what we did with our A1's.
    Well a door came open and I took your advice.

12.5 BCM Upper and returned Full Auto Trigger group. Hammer Pin holes in the frame are a tad sloppy but hopefully KNS pins (on order) will keep it steady.

Have nasal surgery in two days so shooting it is going to have to wait.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Looks like a great set up for your department.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    Nice just needs a real flash hider like the A1 birdcage. They work better and cheaper than any other flash hiders and compensator I have ever shot seen and heard. $6 at any gun dealers/ pawn shops and they might take that A2 in trade. You might want to change that pistol grip to an A1 so it fits more hands and rifle holds. I might say from personal fun that a MagPul BAD lever is a good investment. But have fun with "your" new toy!
    "Guns are tools; people are the real weapons!"
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    - Robert Heinlein

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234