Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Streamlight TLR-1 HPL weapon light....

Feedback Score

Streamlight TLR-1 HPL weapon light....

I'm curious if anyone has any first hand experience with this light (TLR-1 HPL)? I just ordered one from Midway (helluva deal right now on this light) and I've been scouring the internet for reviews. There's really not a whole lot about it. Usually there's a YouTube vid or two but I haven't found one about this particular model.

Anyway, this unit looks pretty cool on paper. Seems to be a "best of both worlds" light combining the extremely long throw of the TLR-1 HP and the super bright power of the TLR-1 HL. This thing boasts 775 Lumens via two CR123 cells with a runtime of 1.75 hrs. Pretty much a BEAST!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    This thread would be better suited to Tactical Lights, Lasers, & Knives subforum.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dionysusigma View Post
    This thread would be better suited to Tactical Lights, Lasers, & Knives subforum.
    Ah crap... You're certainly right, it would. I didn't see that subforum down there.

Maybe admin will move it there. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Last edited by Dionysusigma; 06-16-15 at 01:45.
    Sent from the future using Squid Telepathy

Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    If we could control all the variables, we'd just put all the bad luck on our enemies and stay home.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've owned one for a couple years now. Used it in one night match. The throw on the beam is just ridiculous. Solid target identification at 100 yards plus some. If it wasn't so huge and unwieldy it would be my number one for a carbine light. It actually illuminates for what is a useful range on a rifle. Seems to be best suited for varmint hunters, although Streamlight has a special model for that.

It is a 9/10 as far as an outdoor light goes. as far as home defense, I personally feel it is too bright.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I run the older weaker model on my carbine, its awesome. Lights up the area you want and then some. I use it here and there and havent changed the batteries in 2 years. Its definitely a wise purchase. Fyi i used to have it on my hd shotgun.. was a bit of an overkill.

Feedback Score
    Got the TLR-1 HPL today. It's awesome, holy smokes is it bright! And as if the deal Midway has a few days ago when I bought it wasn't good enough, it's even cheaper now! I may buy a second one. Here are some pics of it on my M&P Sport.

TLR-1 HPL by scott gajdos, on Flickr

Feedback Score
    I like Martha and the lights nice too.

I have the HL but that one nice,just might order one being I got the HL for outside and think it's 630 Lums.
    Last edited by ranger56528; 06-22-15 at 18:34.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sgav8r
    How wide/ usable is the spill ? I'm wondering if this would be a better all around light than the 630 lumen hl?

jpgm

Feedback Score
    I've got two of these and love them. They work really well for rifles as the beam distance is second to none.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast