Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Streamlight TLR-1 HPL weapon light....

Feedback Score
    I haven't had a chance to REALLY test that beam out at night yet. Don't want to go scaring my neighbors by prancing around in the dark with an AR and a weapon light! So far, from just a couple quick bursts out in the back yard at night, I'd say the beam is quite literally what Streamlight designed it to be. It's got the intense, focused, bright-ass center spot for insane "throw", AS WELL AS a large flood or "spill" that is immensely bright. I have no doubt about their claims of 775 lumens. If I had to describe it in one word it would be "BRIGHT" lol.

I'll attempt to get some outside beam shots soon and post here.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My TLR-1 HPL arrived via UPS yesterday. Midnight and an hellacious thunderstorm in a rural area was a great test field. Visibility during the storm was poor at best. The TRL-1 HL which was currently mounted on my patrol rifle is without a doubt a great light. But the HPL with it's different design is definitely a beast with a great throw. The spill which isn't as wide as the HL is still very nice and more than adequate. After moving back inside I then ran the HL inside my residence. Despite the lumen increase over the HL I suffered no reflective blindness from the walls and other structures/ furnishings. The HPL is going to work out great for the urban/ rural enviroments that I patrol. Sorry for the lack of pictures.

jpgm

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Pardon the bump, but I cannot find a more recent thread. It is hard to ignore this model when looking for an affordable rifle light. Are there any specific problems or caveats that have become known about this light?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wow, that's an old post. My light is still working great. Newer technology is providing more throw and very good peripheral illumination in a smaller diameter package while using 18650 rechargeable batteries.

jpgm

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Is there an option significantly less expensive than a Modlite that you would choose over the HPL?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just bought a stream light Protac HLX because at $115 it costs about 1/3 or 1/4 what the Sure fire modlite or cloud options will cost.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I agree. The Streamlight PT hlx's are a good option if you're on a budget. They are also dual fuel using cr123's or 18650's.

jpgm

Feedback Score
    I have also checked for Streamlight TLR-1 and I'm here, is it still good to spend on it?
    I get some reviews about Streamlight TLR-1, which comes with many features.
    Last edited by Yasin; 12-21-21 at 02:50.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12