Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best .45 ACP blasting ammo

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    I'll second Freedom Munitions. We've shot well over 10K rounds of their stuff, albeit mostly 9MM, but a thousand or so .45, and we've never had an issue. Been using their reman ammo almost exclusively. Used it in 6 classes at Gunsite, around 1000 rounds each class, and it ran flawlessly through our Glocks and XDm.

Been using them since 2010, and my only complaint is that now they have a TX store, I have to pay sales tax on top of shipping, making them a less cheap option. But they have regular sales, and their quality has been extremely consistent.
    Disclaimer, For range ammo, I shoot the least expensive ammo I can find, and have never had an issue.

SOOO, I'll 3rd Freedom. The reman is normally the cheapest I can find, with the new running a close 2nd. I use to shoot 50/50 9/45 but now 99% 9mm. I have shot it all in 9/45 and for my purposes can't really see an advantage to 1 over the other.

Freedom is part of Howell Munitions and Technology. My understanding is they utilize proprietary reloading machines and brass, Ammoload and IMT head stamped brass. The brass has a lip/ridge on the inside. There is some info on the internet about reloading (mostly not to do it), if that may be a consideration or concern for you. There are mixed headstamp brass with the reman I get, so I doubt Freedom uses different machines for different headstamps.

Feedback Score
    Doesn't that reman stuff void factory warranties?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FishTaco View Post
    Doesn't that reman stuff void factory warranties?
    Generally it is handloads that most manufacturers are going to cite as voiding a warranty. Reman loads I think to a less extent and Freedom is a pretty large manufacturer and I have the feeling that they are likely going to cover any possible issues if you blow your gun up. Also, barring a manufacturer sticking head in the ass(like claiming you didn't use our lube, ammo, and accessories, so your warranty is void type bullshit) I would imagine you should be fine. After seeing one cover a full replacement on TWO .45 handguns after having a guy running compressed loads blowing one completely up, destroying the frame, and another that he blew the extractor out to parts unknown and ADMITTING it. I think you'd be fine all things being equal, besides the reman ammo is supposed to be to factory standard anyway so...
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Sounds good. I've used plenty of ultramax in the past. I'm guessing that Freedom is about that level?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FishTaco View Post
    Sounds good. I've used plenty of ultramax in the past. I'm guessing that Freedom is about that level?
    http://www.freedommunitions.com/Rema...ts-s/1951.htm#

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BUBBAGUNS View Post
    I have been finding aluminum cased champion at wally world for $15 a box. It seems a bit hot though.
    +1 on all the above, all though I think Tula has a bit more flash and is definitely smokier. For range ammo I like the aluminum Federal just fine. Plus I don't feel like I'm throwing money away by not collecting the spent casings 😄

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have had good luck with the Czech stuff... Reloadable brass and cheep ... Lenard and Bennot or something like that....

Personally I never run any steel cased ammo... If Im not wanting the brass then blazer aluminum ....
    Last edited by 20ozjolt; 06-19-15 at 23:49.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    The Czech stuff is Sellier & Bellot. I have not shot or reloaded any yet but I have some sitting here waiting....

Feedback Score
    WWB for me. Ive been able to find it at a relatively competitive price, and I like to reload the WIN pistol brass. same said for 9mm. If i start running a bit low on brass, ill just buy another box of factory ammo to replenish.
    I always wanted to take two shotguns and mount one on either side of a Rottweiler...I will call the breed a Shottweiler

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12