Quote Originally Posted by drhoades83 View Post
    How big of a piece am I gonna need...

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
    Standard IPSC should be fine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drhoades83 View Post
    How big of a piece am I gonna need...

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZbi0-8Wn9A check this out! He has a front sight to use with it, but I envisioned no front sight. He shot at 110 yards and got some hits!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FightinQ View Post
    A dead CQO being used as an impromptu giant peep sight? I'd like to see a video of this one at 50 to 100 yards on steel that's been freshly painted.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZbi0-8Wn9A check this out! He has a front sight to use with it, but I envisioned no front sight. He shot at 110 yards and got some hits!
    Next time I go to the range, I'm going to do this test without using the front sight. Just good shooting form looking down the sight like I would if the dot were in the center of the tube.
    Should be fun.

BTW the weakest link in electronic sight devices is the battery and its' connections. I have heard more folks complain on reviews that the sights cut out when shooting and have to be turned on again afterward. All symptoms of the recoil energy separating the battery from momentarily from its contact points. This especially happens on sights with batteries that have the contact points in line with the bore instead of crosswise to the bore, i.e. inline with the recoil forces. Be sure your battery compartment cover is screwed down tight!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBear View Post
    Next time I go to the range, I'm going to do this test without using the front sight. Just good shooting form looking down the sight like I would if the dot were in the center of the tube.
    Should be fun.

BTW the weakest link in electronic sight devices is the battery and its' connections. I have heard more folks complain on reviews that the sights cut out when shooting and have to be turned on again afterward. All symptoms of the recoil energy separating the battery from momentarily from its contact points. This especially happens on sights with batteries that have the contact points in line with the bore instead of crosswise to the bore, i.e. inline with the recoil forces. Be sure your battery compartment cover is screwed down tight!
    I've read where you were saying an Aimpoint is a status symbol and all the cheap red dots will do, yet there has been no one giving that kind of review about an Aimpoint at all so food for thought.

I want to see no front sight, just the tube as a peep with n assistance as you assured us that it could be done easily.

Feedback Score
    This makes sense for me and how my mind works. Tendency is over thinking and complicating.
    So....lower 1/3 "co witness" is the irons are aligned/sighted in the lower 1/3 of optic window while dot is sighted in. The irons and dot will not be aligned together.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Yes. Dot above irons.

I don’t lollipop* the dot with lower third, but you’ll find that when you drop into the irons, the dot usually does, also. I zero them separately. Lower third is the better way (vs absolute) if you shoot standing, kneeling, or sitting, even occasionally, IMO.

*Lollipopping in this context is adjusting the alignment until the dot touches the fsp. Some people advocate for this with absolute cowitness mounts. I’d consider this a reasonable practice for zeroing, long shots, or astigmatism, with absolute cowitness.
    Last edited by 1168; 06-05-21 at 15:16.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920