Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Explanation of Co-Witness

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Even with flip up/down iron sights I prefer the lower 1/3 co-witness set-up as it gives you a bit of a more "Heads up" position and field of view when viewing through the optic, as opposed to the absolute co-witness which requires you to get a lower cheekweld when obtaining your sight picture through the optic. I suggest that you go with the standard "Tall" mount.

Feedback Score
    Hah..lower 1/3rd cowitness is a chinweld for me.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I want to put mine (when I get one) on a Vltor VIS. I have a regular Aimpoint on there now, but for some psychological reason I can only tolerate the optic in the old place, right above the mag well. There are supposed to be advantages to putting reflex sights as far away from the eye as possible, which is certainly an option with a monolithic upper, but it just doesn't "look right" to me. Has anyone overcome tradition and mounted a T-1 all the way forward on the rail, near the muzzle?
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    FJB- nice mount. It appears that the HK416 mount is right between the LaRue high mount and low mount in terms of height, is that correct? I assume the HK416 mount works on any standard flat top upper? I've got a LT tall mount for my T-1 on the way but really prefer a co-witness set up, looks like the HK416 might fit that bill? Thanks for your time.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jbsf3 View Post
    FJB- nice mount. It appears that the HK416 mount is right between the LaRue high mount and low mount in terms of height, is that correct? I assume the HK416 mount works on any standard flat top upper? I've got a LT tall mount for my T-1 on the way but really prefer a co-witness set up, looks like the HK416 might fit that bill? Thanks for your time.
    jbsf3,
    The LTHK416 Micro mount is .3" lower than the LT 66X Tall mount, so it won't cowitness with standard M4 Carbine iron sights. The LT66X Tall mount is a 1/3 cowitness, but it is not as bad as you are thinking.

S/F

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Copy, thanks FJB!

Feedback Score

pic request, shooter's view of Aimpoint T-1 Micro

Can someone please post a pic of the shooter's view through an Aimpoint T-1 Micro. Preferably mounted on a carbine with a fixed front sight base, with the T-1 set up with a lower 1/3rd co-witness. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I would love to see this also.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Here's the best pic I've seen of the T1 from a shooter's perspective.

It's by MFinger showing the LaRue 1/3 cowitness mount. The front sight is is a Troy flip-up but a standard fixed FSB will look the same through the optic.

Feedback Score
    Mark DOES take some of the finest pics in the industry! I can only wish my camera skills can come close! I find the LT 661 about perfect and also co-witnesses perfect with a PVS-14 as well along with a GG&G tall mount for the 14. Great mounting solution to say the least!

Vic
    Victor Di Cosola
    sales@tnvc.com
    http://www.tnvc.com
    "Eliminating our adversaries 940nm at a time"

Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast