Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: lemishine...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    For whatever reason there are people who make their own case lube too... with lanolin and IPA. People will go to great and irrational lengths, for God knows what reason, to make something that is just simple to buy.
    Lol, i agree i use imperial case wax. One tin last till you get sick of reloading or die of old age.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by texasgunhand View Post
    Lol, i agree i use imperial case wax. One tin last till you get sick of reloading or die of old age.
    That stuff is good. But for bulk sizing, Dillon Case lube is infinitely easier to use.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    For whatever reason there are people who make their own case lube too... with lanolin and IPA. People will go to great and irrational lengths, for God knows what reason, to make something that is just simple to buy.
    Unfortunately Dillon Case Lube in these parts now costs $17.99 a bottle.
    A $10.00 bottle of liquid lanolin and a $28.00 gallon of 99% isopropyl Alcohol can make over 16 bottles of the stuff reducing the cost to around $2.40 a bottle.
    I go through about 6 spray bottles of DCL a year.
    It adds up quickly.

You hear people complaining about a $0.20 increase in a $3.00 gallon of gas. A gallon of DCL now costs $288.00 over here.
    Last edited by Thump_rrr; 06-21-15 at 20:27.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Iam going to have to get some dillon case lube. Ive never heard any thing bad about it.

Thumpr, i hear ya. I never thought bottled water would cost more than gasoline. Pretty soon we will be paying for air.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thump_rrr View Post
    Unfortunately Dillon Case Lube in these parts now costs $17.99 a bottle.
    A $10.00 bottle of liquid lanolin and a $28.00 gallon of 99% isopropyl Alcohol can make over 16 bottles of the stuff reducing the cost to around $2.40 a bottle.
    I go through about 6 spray bottles of DCL a year.
    It adds up quickly.

You hear people complaining about a $0.20 increase in a $3.00 gallon of gas. A gallon of DCL now costs $288.00 over here.
    This.
    Case lube, gun lube and gun cleaners aren't made of magical substances. The companies that make them and mark them up 200% would have you believe they are.

Hoppes Elite is mineral oil.

ETA:
    Back to the topic. You can also use a capful or two of lemon juice. It isn't what you're *told* to use though.
    Last edited by Waylander; 06-22-15 at 06:34.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by texasgunhand View Post
    Iam going to have to get some dillon case lube. Ive never heard any thing bad about it.

Thumpr, i hear ya. I never thought bottled water would cost more than gasoline. Pretty soon we will be paying for air.
    I have used a lot of Dillon Case Lube over the years and still use it when reloading large quantities of .223. You should allow it to dry before resizing. For all of the larger rifle calibers, 30-06, 8mm, 7.62x54r, I use Hornady Unique case lube. I visually inspect each and every piece of brass closely and wipe them off by hand after resizing. I do not gain/lose any time by using Unique.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    I have used a lot of Dillon Case Lube over the years and still use it when reloading large quantities of .223. You should allow it to dry before resizing. For all of the larger rifle calibers, 30-06, 8mm, 7.62x54r, I use Hornady Unique case lube. I visually inspect each and every piece of brass closely and wipe them off by hand after resizing. I do not gain/lose any time by using Unique.
    I also use Unique for any case sizing on my single stage.
    A little goes a long way.
    I resized and trimmed 1,000 30-06, for an M1919, through my RT-1200 using Dillon Case Lube with no issues.

Feedback Score
    Lemi-Shine works well in the dishwasher too. :-)

Feedback Score
    Lemi Shine is 60-100% citric acid, and 1-5% secret ingredient. How they can fit that in if the citric acid is 100% is beyond me.
    The MSDS that comes up on their web site for Lemi Shine® Detergent Booster is their Lemi Shine MSDS, so it appears to be the same.
    My only complaint is that they seem to think that EVERYTHING in their product is proprietary.
    You can get 10 lbs of citric acid crystals for $24.95 on Amazon (~16 cents/ounce vs ~29 cents/ounce for Lime Shine).

Feedback Score
    Lemi Shine is 60-100% citric acid, and 1-5% secret ingredient. How they can fit that in if the citric acid is 100% is beyond me.
    The MSDS that comes up on their web site for Lemi Shine® Detergent Booster is their Lemi Shine MSDS, so it appears to be the same.
    My only complaint is that they seem to think that EVERYTHING in their product is proprietary.
    You can get 10 lbs of citric acid crystals for $24.95 on Amazon (~16 cents/ounce vs ~29 cents/ounce for Lime Shine).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast