Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle tested M16A1 Elisco 653

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by herd118 View Post
    It has the correct forward assist, the Elisco Tool manufactured large round type with the domed head. Everything about that 653P is as issued, I've seen 16" barrels used as well as 14.5" on the Philippine production.
    never knew that about Elisco Tool. learn something new everyday!
    "Guns are tools; people are the real weapons!"
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    I am now the proud new owner of this carbine, now for the hard part . The transfer of the license apparently have some restriction, it is not as straight forward as I thought. I'll keep you guys posted as I go along in the process. To answer some of the earlier questions of Class111Gunsmith , the fire control has Full Auto & the Flash hider is an A1 Birdcage. image.jpgimage.jpg

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle89 View Post
    I am now the proud new owner of this carbine, now for the hard part . The transfer of the license apparently have some restriction, it is not as straight forward as I thought. I'll keep you guys posted as I go along in the process. To answer some of the earlier questions of Class111Gunsmith , the fire control has Full Auto & the Flash hider is an A1 Birdcage. image.jpgimage.jpg
    Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, what is something like that worth in the Philippines?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skp View Post
    Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking, what is something like that worth in the Philippines?
    Thanks SKP, this purchase was just by chance, so it wouldn't reflect market price . My cousin & I were at his gun club when a Batchmate of his in the Army mentioned to my cousin that he needed to sell his carbine. Because he needed a quick sale I got it for $2000 . It includes also the original army sling, bayonet & complete cleaning kit,12 Mags & 1000 rounds of ammo. Guns here cost 100 percent more than the U.S. . A brand new plain Sig P226 would cost $1,900 , they have suspended the sale of AR's & AK's or same class of rifles due to some anomalies with quite a few licensed rifles ending up in the hands of insurgents in the southern islands.
    Last edited by Beagle89; 06-25-15 at 22:09.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    ...due to some anomalies with quite a few licensed rifles ending up in the hands of insurgents in the southern islands.
    But...but...that can't happen. they're licensed.

Feedback Score
    They used bogus individuals , some of the identities from dead people . A lot of individuals
    are now being prosecuted for the scam.
    Last edited by Beagle89; 06-26-15 at 23:39.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Thanks for the information guys, the carbine is licensed in the Philippines but the serial no. was erased & replaced with a Personal no..
    The barrel was replaced with a 16inch because of cycling issues , I've tested it in full auto & fired 100 rounds without
    any problems occurring .

Thanks Renegade04 for your insightful reply, it reflected the same history that the owner narrated.
    I now feel reassured that I'm buying a good carbine. I own three Sig Sauer
    Pistols(P226,SP2022,P250) & this is the first Rifle I'm buying.

That carbine has a 14.5" barrel in the pictures.

Everything on that gun appears to be matching.
    Last edited by scottryan; 06-27-15 at 08:52.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Thanks SKP, this purchase was just by chance, so it wouldn't reflect market price . My cousin & I were at his gun club when a Batchmate of his in the Army mentioned to my cousin that he needed to sell his carbine. Because he needed a quick sale I got it for $2000 . It includes also the original army sling, bayonet & complete cleaning kit,12 Mags & 1000 rounds of ammo. Guns here cost 100 percent more than the U.S. . A brand new plain Sig P226 would cost $1,900 , they have suspended the sale of AR's & AK's or same class of rifles due to some anomalies with quite a few licensed rifles ending up in the hands of insurgents in the southern islands.
    Thanks for sharing. That's one hell of a package deal you got there. I guess not ALL guns cost 100% there than in the US

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    That carbine has a 14.5" barrel in the pictures.

Everything on that gun appears to be matching.
    I'm only relying on what the Original owner is saying, he said he sent it back to the armory to have it checked due to some cycling problems & the information passed on was that they change the barrel . Without disassembling the gun ,how do You measure the barrel. I'm a new enthusiast (rookie) to owning rifles so bear with me.
    Last edited by Beagle89; 06-28-15 at 01:05.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skp View Post
    Thanks for sharing. That's one hell of a package deal you got there. I guess not ALL guns cost 100% there than in the US
    As I said it was only my good luck being at the right place at the right time. The second hand market is very limited but
    brand new one's are definitely double than what it is in the U.S. A friend of mine bought a Mosberg-Maverick 12gauge
    24 inch barreled Shotgun for $425. He was also looking at CZ Vz 858 (7.62) at $ 1,300. But as I said in an earlier post ,sale of rifles in this category has been suspended.
    Last edited by Beagle89; 06-28-15 at 01:02.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast