Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Battle tested M16A1 Elisco 653

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle89 View Post
    I'm only relying on what the Original owner is saying, he said he sent it back to the armory to have it checked due to some cycling problems & the information passed on was that they change the barrel . Without disassembling the gun ,how do You measure the barrel. I'm a new enthusiast (rookie) to owning rifles so bear with me.
    With the bolt in battery, you can take a wooden dowel or some other type of rod and insert it into the muzzle end of the barrel. Mark it at the end of the A1 flash hider and subtract about 1 1/8". That should give you a really close idea as to what the barrel length is. Someone else may have a more scientific method.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Guns here cost 100 percent more than the U.S.
    Not full auto weapons, from the looks of it. Take any weapon here in the U.S. that has a select-fire version. The select fire version can cost 10 times the cost of the semi-auto version, more or less. A civilian transferable rifle like yours can cost $20,000.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    Not full auto weapons, from the looks of it. Take any weapon here in the U.S. that has a select-fire version. The select fire version can cost 10 times the cost of the semi-auto version, more or less. A civilian transferable rifle like yours can cost $20,000.
    It is amazing how much collectors would pay for Vintage AR's , I wonder how much the license or permits would cost to ship vintage AR's to the U.S. My cousin & his wife are both Retired Military Officers , he has an early 80"s M16a1 Elisco Carbine as well & his wife has an M2 Carbine .30 with full Auto ( all in original condition). It would be interesting to find out how many of his fellow retired officers have vintage AR's & M2 Carbines . I'll try to find out how many of his Gun Club Members
    (Retired Officers Only) have vintage carbines, I'll keep you guys posted.
    Last edited by Beagle89; 06-29-15 at 06:14.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    With the bolt in battery, you can take a wooden dowel or some other type of rod and insert it into the muzzle end of the barrel. Mark it at the end of the A1 flash hider and subtract about 1 1/8". That should give you a really close idea as to what the barrel length is. Someone else may have a more scientific method.
    You are spot on, the barrel is 14.5 after subtracting 1 1/8 .

Feedback Score
    image.jpg
    Got lucky today , my friend was cleaning his attic & this is what he found . Since he had disposed of his M16, he gave me all these for free . Over all I will now have 20 20rd mags & 3 30rd mags.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    image.jpg
    Got lucky today , my friend was cleaning his attic & this is what he found . Since he had disposed of his M16, he gave me all these for free . Over all I will now have 20 20rd mags & 3 30rd mags.
    That is outstanding. Getting those 20-rd. magazines for free was a great thing. I need to get a few more myself since building my last three retros. Just not wanting to get raked over by what some guys are asking for them these days.

Feedback Score
    That is outstanding. Getting those 20-rd. magazines for free was a great thing. I need to get a few more myself since building my last three retros. Just not wanting to get raked over by what some guys are asking for them these days.
    How much are they asking for?

Feedback Score
    What is the best way to get rid of the moulds in the Mags?

Feedback Score
    image.jpg found this in one of the pouches

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    How much are they asking for?
    $25-$30 each.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast