Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Battle tested M16A1 Elisco 653

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle89 View Post
    What is the best way to get rid of the moulds in the Mags?
    Is it mold or tarnish? If it is mold, take the magazine down by removing the baseplate and then the spring and follower. Be careful when you remove the baseplate as the spring will release its tension. Then take a toothbrush and some mild detergent and scrub the magazine. Make sure you thoroughly dry the magazine components. Apply a thin film of lube to the spring and the inside of the magazine. This step is not entirely necessary, but it is a good preventative to make sure the magazines functions smoothly.
    "A Bad Day At The Range Is Better Than A Great Day Working"

USMC Force Recon 1978-1984
    US Air Force Res. 1995-2004 (Air Transportation)
    M16/AR15 shooter since 1978, gun collector and AR builder since 2004

Feedback Score
    Thanks Renegade04, it's quite humid here hence oiling the inside of the Mags would be essential .

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade04 View Post
    $25-$30 each.
    If it were easy to mail the mags , I wouldn't mind sending a couple your way. I don't need 20 mags, but they are very strict
    With gun components here.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If it were easy to mail the mags , I wouldn't mind sending a couple your way. I don't need 20 mags, but they are very strict
    With gun components here.
    It would be sweet to have a few of them, but I understand the difficulty shipping stuff like that from over there.

Feedback Score
    Attachment 35093 found this in one of the pouches
    Is that really a Fabian DTA? That would be the first time I have seen one in 30 years. I never really thought that it would have worked but in full auto it works well. By the time I went to buy one they were out of business and I have never seen one again.
    "Guns are tools; people are the real weapons!"
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassIIIGunsmith View Post
    Is that really a Fabian DTA? That would be the first time I have seen one in 30 years. I never really thought that it would have worked but in full auto it works well. By the time I went to buy one they were out of business and I have never seen one again.
    Yes it is, my friend said he never used it. I don't intend to put it on , it will be a conversational piece . You're welcome to it if u can find a way to ship it to the USA .He also found 200 rounds of M193 cartridges, with the humidity here do you think it would still be safe to use them as range ammo?

Feedback Score
    Yeah if it has a good lacker on the primer. I'm in Georgia and we have high humidity here in the summer. I leave some of my ammunition outside in my Uninsulated, unheated/ cooled barn and I shoot 25 year old military ammo that I have left out there. No problems unless you get water in the powder and then it won't go off. I will try and help you with finding a way for you to ship stuff to the US
    "Guns are tools; people are the real weapons!"
    - Anonymous
    "The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it."
    - Albert Einstein
    “An armed society is a polite society.”
    - Robert Heinlein

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassIIIGunsmith View Post
    Yeah if it has a good lacker on the primer. I'm in Georgia and we have high humidity here in the summer. I leave some of my ammunition outside in my Uninsulated, unheated/ cooled barn and I shoot 25 year old military ammo that I have left out there. No problems unless you get water in the powder and then it won't go off. I will try and help you with finding a way for you to ship stuff to the US
    Looking forward to hearing what you can dig up with requirements for shipping things back to USA.

Feedback Score
    Have you ever seen the movie 'Platoon'? Those are all Eliseo guns, and if you freeze frame, you can see the markings on Barnes' rifle at least once. The historical inaccuracy is that the two sergeants' rifles have 14.5" instead of 11.5" barrels.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Looking forward to hearing what you can dig up with requirements for shipping things back to USA.
    I would be interested to know as well. I would surely love to have a couple of those 20-rounders.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast