Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Level 2 holsters

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacked_Out View Post
    Edit: I did some research on the ALS system. It looks like its just a single short bar that grabs onto a section of the pistol. Not bad as that it minimal mechanics as well. I will jump on their we sight and see if they have all the options I need available.
    Good decision to give ALS a try. As stated, ALS is minimalist in execution, the mechanism iswell protected by the holster body and I've experienced none of the concerns you identified for field use. ALS is also so intuitive, the muscle memory is minor to master. I'm personally moving from SLS hoods to ALS.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I can say that o have tried to jam it up on both the black hawk and the safariland lvl 2 and three
    The only one I was able to jam was the hood on a Safriland lvl three, and that took me placing small gravel and sand into the mechanism just taking handfuls and dumping it over it did not work.

So unless you plan to mount it to your chest and belly crawl though the sand dunes I don't see it being an issue... :-D

I love trying to break my gear if I do then I don't buy the same gear again lol

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Depends on what you plan to do with the holster.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...d-ALS-Holsters

Caveat, the ALS mechanism can potentially fail if gravel or other debris is stuck behind the internal ALS tab. The gun is holstered, but then locks in. Apparently it takes some work to get it un-stuck. I tried to mock this up and couldn't. Not sure if later versions of the holster rectified this. Something to be aware of; not sure if their environment matches yours.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I am currently using a Safariland ALS 7390 with a 6008 hood guard for work and it's by far my favorite setup from Safariland. I highly recommend it, especially for the price. Ignore the unfinished stippling.

http://www.safariland.com/retention/...ter-34843.html
    http://www.safariland.com/hardware-a...ard-34495.html

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Norinco,

How do you like 6006 ALS guard on that rig? I personally like second layer of activation and am considering ordering it for a few of my older ALS holsters that don't have the SLS loop.
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 06-20-15 at 17:12.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I love it man...silky smooth draw. It's worth the $12.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Norinco View Post
    I love it man...silky smooth draw. It's worth the $12.
    Good to know. I ordered one of the lvl 1 7tSs for my vp9 and ALS guard along with it to play with.
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 06-28-15 at 00:21.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Blacked_Out View Post
    I have concerns of debris getting into the mechanism preventing the operation of it. For example bush whacking thru the woods and vines or the like getting in there. Or alternatively gravel/mud getting in. The likelihood is a bit of a stretch I know but there is the possibility.
    I'm in the business of bus whacking through the woods and carry safariland retention holders exclusively. G23 in either an als or als/sls(6330). Never had an issue with debris jams. Buy confidently.

Feedback Score
    Another recommendation for als. Fast, secure, reliable. To jam it, I think you would need something perfect size to get into the holster, then fall "up". I'll look at the innerds when I get home.

Edit, there is a plate in front of the lever, so anything going that direction is very unlikely. Stuff COULD fall into the small space up top, but that side of the lever opens so I don't see how it could jam. I'm not saying it can't happen, but it looks like a solid design. I never worried, now after looking at it, I'll worry less.

The holster is quite intuitive. Once you get some practice it, the pistol feels like it shoots into your hand just by getting a grip on it. I train pretty rough sometimes and dumped a steel pistol out of a comptac, so I went with retention for my current pistol.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 06-23-15 at 22:58.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I ended up going with the 6354DO, I am hopeful it can hold the 19 and 34. Should be in next week so I can start messing with it and hit the range a few times before I comment on it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast