Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for a pair of patrol/duty boots.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Looking for a pair of patrol/duty boots.

I am about to make the career change back to Law Enforcement within the next couple of months. I've been spoiling me feet on some Keens and Solomons, but realize I have to go back to black foot wear. This probably means I need a set of boots before I can go to a 6" shoe.

The last set of duty boots I had were 5.11s and they weren't too bad. I have been loving their desert boot, which I need to get another pair shortly, but alas, not black.

What are some good recommendations these days. I'm having to lean towards correction work with my local SO, unless something else pans out before then. My goal is for a boot to be very comfortable while being on my feet for long periods of time. Side zip is a must.

Thanks.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I use these in black... http://www.keenfootwear.com/product/...e-ii-mid---tac
    They are the most comfortable boot I've worn. I own two more pair for personal use....
    I changed the laces to black ones from REI.
    There is some material that looks to be reflective, so I probably wouldn't wear these if I worked nights. I work the day shift so it's a non issue for me
    Last edited by madisonsfinest; 06-20-15 at 21:18.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I like my Under Armor Valsetz. No side zip, but I run bungee laces.
    Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by madisonsfinest View Post
    They are the most comfortable boot I've worn. I own two more pair for personal use....
    There is some material that looks to be reflective, so I probably wouldn't wear these if I worked nights. I work the day shift so it's a non issue for me
    And guess what are on my happy feet, just not in black?
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Under Armor Valsetz +1.

Bates has a look-a-like that has less padding around the collar. That's going to be my next pair.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I spent a lot of time in rocky s2v's, but those are full blown combat boots. For something lighter check out the rocky c4's.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    I used to wear Keens and Salomons, but that was before I found Haix. I'd suggest you to have a look on their P6 or P7 models and read the reviews. I've had a pair of P6's in moderate to heavy use for 5 (five!) years and they are still g2g. P6 is light but tough boot that is very comfortable, I think it has been designed for LEO and MIL use. I've used mine for everything from light walks to 20 mile hikes in a forest with a ruck, and I know a guy who wore Haix boots when he took part to a marathon (completed it and didn't get any blisters). BTW, their factory seconds are a steal.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by madisonsfinest View Post
    Photo looks like the black strapping is pretty light, even gray-ish. How's it look in person?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bp7178 View Post
    Under Armor Valsetz +1.

Bates has a look-a-like that has less padding around the collar. That's going to be my next pair.
    +3 for UA Valsetz 'Tactical'

I spend about 12 hours 4-5 days a week in them on concrete and climbing in and out of trucks.

I love them. I've had them for about 3 months with no noticeable tread wear or wear on the boot itself.

Cannot vouch for their durability in rugged terrain but as for what I think a patrol officer would use them for, they are nice.

I've been looking forward to when these wear out to buy a new pair haha.

*NOTE*
    Mine, also, are not side zip. I realize you stated must be. I don't know your reasons behind this but after a couple weeks break in mine tightened and tied up nicely.

*MY line in the sand has long been drawn.
    And in today's world... it's sobering to look what ground is left in front of it*
    ---------------------------------------
    But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; - Ephesians 5:3

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have had 5.11's in the past with good results. I used some of my clothing allowance and purchased Danner Arcadia's. They are very expensive but have been the best boots I even had.

jpgm

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast