Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a pair of patrol/duty boots.

Feedback Score
    I second on p6 by haix ull love them we chased 2 people thru creeks , timber , and rocks ! Feet never got wet or never turned my ankle and when it was over no feet pain or fatigue

Feedback Score
    Danner

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Photo looks like the black strapping is pretty light, even gray-ish. How's it look in person?

I took a sharpie to the gray areas. The gray area has the reflective material. The sharpie tends to wear off as you can see in the picture
    Last edited by madisonsfinest; 06-22-15 at 21:31.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by madisonsfinest View Post

I took a sharpie to the gray areas. The gray area has the reflective material. The sharpie tends to wear off as you can see in the picture
    Exactly what I needed. THANK YOU.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I tried a pair of the Under Armour boots. One of the 2 worst pairs of boots I've ever tried. They were very comfortable to start with but went to crap in about a month. They still look good, but make my feet hurt really bad and squeak when I walk.
    Last edited by SteveL; 06-24-15 at 11:16.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    I've had similar experiences before -- it amazes me how much imported crap is sold as professional equipment, even by supposedly reputable vendors. It is much rarer experience to be amazed by the quality of the products. I'm not affiliated to Haix in any way but I've become fan for their products because of their quality. They might be a bit pricey, but instead of low quality crap it is very cool to own boots that made of the best materials, assembled with German precision and are individually stamped with serial numbers and certificates for the technical properties -- and which keep my feet comfortable and protected all the time, year after year. Haix is the leading European manufacturer of shoes for professional use (MIL, LE, FD, EMS). I started with a pair of P6's and currently have four pairs of their shoes for different purposes - and I couldn't be happier. YMMV, naturally.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Anderson View Post
    +3 for UA Valsetz 'Tactical'

Cannot vouch for their durability in rugged terrain but as for what I think a patrol officer would use them for, they are nice.
    I broke a toe running a obstacle course in them, and took a mesquite thorn through the sole into my heel walking in a state park. They are comfy though, I still have a couple pairs in a box of old boots in my garage, thinking about taking them to work again.

Feedback Score
    107 (100%)
    Danners, Lowa, Haix.

Feedback Score
    I'm on my 3rd returned pair of UA Valsetz. I'd be done with under armour boots if it weren't for their warranty. Comfort is a 10 where durability is a 2.
    Last edited by Dunkchamp55; 06-24-15 at 23:28.

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Danners, Salomon XA Pro 3D Ultra GTX (The version in all black with no reflective material on them), Lowa

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast