Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk About "Accuracy"

Feedback Score
    That's a lot of really good information I didn't know before, thank you for sharing. I am heading to the range this weekend, and I will try to use this info to see how my set up does. (I personally think my poor MOA is more of my skill than my gun, so there is that to work through)

Feedback Score
    I know, kind of an old thread, but good points. Sounds like what you really do is " group your groups."

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I agree 100% with the concepts in OP. I have always stood by it as an assessment: can this system place a bullet within 1" of POA on demand, at 100y, provided I am capable? Hot. Cold. Shot 100 or shot 1. Some of my guns could. Some could not. Interestingly, the most consistantly accurate one was a 16.1" ddm4 chf barrel. It could, on demand, any day of the week, rain, shine, hot bore or frozen, dump a 75gr gold dot <1" from POA using a 4x nightforce at 100 yards. Period. I could dump 3 pmags through it and then sit down and do so. Or clean it and expect that from my first shot. It was about a 1.6moa gun, averaging dozens of groups.

Feedback Score
    what is a reasonable time to wait for a barrel to cool down?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elpotro View Post
    what is a reasonable time to wait for a barrel to cool down?
    It really depends on the weather. In AZ, if its hot as hell, the barrel almost won't cool down. In the winter, 10 to 15 minutes and you are GTG. Just use your hands and let them tell you when the barrel is ready.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    To form an average, I often do five 5-shot groups from one magazine over about 25 minutes. I've wondered if that's a bit much.

Feedback Score
    Thanks

Feedback Score
    Nice writeup. It'd be more awesome if the imges could be restored. Looks like photobucket ate them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by taekwondopreacher View Post
    To form an average, I often do five 5-shot groups from one magazine over about 25 minutes. I've wondered if that's a bit much.
    I may be misunderstanding, but 25 minutes for 5 shots? meaning you wait 5 minutes in between every shot? or 5 shots, wait 25 minutes and shoot 5 more shots?

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by elpotro View Post
    I may be misunderstanding, but 25 minutes for 5 shots? meaning you wait 5 minutes in between every shot? or 5 shots, wait 25 minutes and shoot 5 more shots?
    I start with 25 in the mag, and shoot groups of five. By the fifth group, I have expended 25 rounds, in about 25 minutes.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast