Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: lubercating the AR-15

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Not another lube thread...
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score

Smile Hmmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    Which will tell you absolutely nothing about whether the weapon will function or not when carbon starts building up. The weapons is going to require a little more lubrication than that.
    Well I gave my thoughts for some type of test. Now what do you recommend?

Feedback Score
    Speaking of CLP does Hoppe's no. 9 perform the exact same function as CLP? is it as good?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Minute View Post
    Speaking of CLP does Hoppe's no. 9 perform the exact same function as CLP? is it as good?
    Hoppe's #9 is only a powder solvent I wouldn't want to use it as lube. It wouldn't last long and I'd probably pass out from the smell of burning #9.

Feedback Score
    I have tried a lot of different brands and pretty much use Militec-1 on my guns, knives, mags, etc. What I like the most about it is that it seems to penetrate the metal better than anything else.
    NRA Patron Member | 1911's | AR's | GAP Crusader

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Minute View Post
    Are you talking Hoppe's solvent or lube? Of course the solvent would make a very poor lube.

Feedback Score
    Quicken watch lubricant provides extended protection but costs $25 per 1.5ml because it is designed specifically for fine watches. It is designed for high precision mechanical devices like Rolex, Patak Philippe and Cartier watches.

Unlike normal watch lube, we suggest treating all gear teeth in the train with an extremely light application to each wheel. This removes friction from the train, increases amplitude and greatly extends the life of all treated parts.

Do not treat the pallet fork jewels, as the 5wt oil may loosen the shellac.

Do treat the mainspring barrel, winding/setting gears and all jewels and pivots.

Once treated, the watch will run until something breaks - but it will not fail from pivot or gear tooth wear.

Quicken watch nanolubricant will soon be sold exclusively through a major jewelry supply house.

www.diamondlube.com

Quote Originally Posted by watchluvr4ever View Post
    Are you talking Hoppe's solvent or lube? Of course the solvent would make a very poor lube.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by watchluvr4ever View Post

If you look at the MSDS of Hoppes 9 Oil (not solvent), it is straight 100
    % mineral oil. Far from ideal for an AR.

Feedback Score
    I've reverted to LSA and 5w-40 Amsoil.
    I try not to ingest either one, especially the LSA.
    Moon

Feedback Score

NanoLube will be available at the Grand Nationals

Just in case anyone will attend the Grand, NanoLube will be available through someone that writes for gun magazines, and has tested it in shotguns with "as advertised" results.

\\\ ///

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast