Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: lubercating the AR-15

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Thekatar View Post
    WeaponShield is outstanding.

Ballistol is something that I never thought would work well in a hi-temperature application like an AR, but I have found out that it actually works really well.
    Hey Katar,
    Thats interesting about the Ballistol.

Did it not flash off and smoke badly when the weapon got hot during firing?

Where you using the Ballistol liquid or the aerosol?

I tried the Ballistol liquid a couple times on the AR's and it smoked pretty bad.Maybe I did not allow the alcohol content to vapor off long enough before use.
    I had applied the Ballistol to the weapons as a relube after some extended use(dry and very funky weapons) since thats all I had in the range bag.So it was applied and immediately put to work.Otherwise it worked perfectly.
    Since you had good luck with the Ballistol on the AR,I may have to to try it again as I freakin love the stuff.
    I use alot of the Ballistol on the mil-surps and BP guns.Ive been using the Ballistol for a little over ten years for that application and have to say it absolutely rocks as a CLP for anything that see's corrosive ammo.
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Armed Protective Services II

Feedback Score
    I just use valvoline synthetic oil 20-50w

I use to lube it with mineral engine oils. but found out that when our firearms heat up it will destroy the oil. compound breaks down making it ineffective.

so now I use synthetic oil as high heat doesn't affect it as much as mineral oil

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    If you look at the MSDS of Hoppes 9 Oil (not solvent), it is straight 100
    % mineral oil. Far from ideal for an AR.
    Could you explain a little more please...I use the Hoppes lube, and it seems to work well for me...I was wondering why more people were not mentioning it...TIA

Feedback Score
    NanoLube TM is not for cheap, or amateur shooters that slop motor oil into their guns. NanoLube TM is used by BullsEye, IPSIC and other professional marksmen who require the best performance money can buy. BTW, the armoror in Iraq also said it produced results where CLP did nothing, so why use it.
    www.diamondlube.com

NanoLube is not Normal Lubricant - it Lubricates using synthetic NanoDiamond and keeps friction surfaces from sticking. FPS rises after barrel treatment, and accuracy increases because lead, copper and carbon no longer stick to the barrel. NanoLube TM was one of the hottest threads on this forum and just as glowing reports were coming in from the +60 people that received free samples, the thread was closed

Also written up in the Chicago Tribune, Gun Digest the magazine and tactical Gear because it is superior to oil, or any other chemical lube on the market.

NanoLube TM was compared to high grade oil in a knife life wear test - and NanoLube TM survived over 10 times longer than oil - and NanoLube TM never failed, instead the test machine was stopped because the knife company was tired of seeing it running without wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Blankwaffe View Post
    Now Im not trying to poke fun at you or your product and I wish you well.If nanolube is the best Im happy you have done what you have.

But Ive heard that exact same line from the multitude of gun oil marketers/manufacturers for the last 10+ years or more.Kinda starting to get sick of hearing it,and honestly I feel like its been abused and very misleading to consumers in most cases.So......
    What I think should be followed in the weapons lubrication industry is....if you meet the mil-spec and have been approved for use as a weapons specific lubricant then advertise it as such.Also state what weapons were/are to be approved for use of such product.If this is the case provide documentation of the approval.If your in the testing process and not approved then it has absolutely no bearing other than to be misleading and suck folks into spending thier money with claims and advertising.
    I just hope you dont start claiming its saves lives next.
    IMHO claims are claims and it seems everyone out there with a gun oil has a better lube than what the military chose to use over the past 30+ plus years.
    Fact of the matter is that sure some of the new lubes are somewhat better at lubricating....where they all seem to fall short is in the long term such as protecting firearms,overall function including temp extremes,fouling attachment/removal and most other areas of concern.Some even cause damage from chemical reaction or abrasive wear characteristics.Certainly not balanced formulas as given uder the mil-spec guidelines.
    None of the so called better lubricants so far have met the specification nor approved for use under the mil-spec no matter what the claims and advertisements have been.

Now I have read several threads and posts over the past few months on several of the gun forums,including this one, in regards to your product where nothing was provided other than a sales line...or ended in personal attacks and the like.
    In that regard I have restained myself from posting in them as well.

But since you brought up that there is new Navy testing and soon to replace the mil-spec lubricants I have to ask.......
    Are you saying that nanolube is currently being tested by the Navy and is going to boot all the other lubricants?
    What are the specs and approvals you are shooting for if so?
    Are you saying that nanolube is going to replace CLP?
    Who is testing your product...NSWC?
    So does nanolube meet the 100+ hour salt fog requirement?
    What about the 900+ hour humidity cabinet requirement?
    How about the low temp requirement?
    And also materials compatibility?
    Effects on electronic triggers,primers and fuses etc?
    Chemical paper?
    Hows about firing residue removal?
    Whats the specs on load wear per ASTM on your product?
    And if I remember correctly the specification also now states that no solid particle additives are allowed in the CLP.
    Are the nano diamonds solid particles?
    Does the nanolube need to shaken before use?
    How long does the nano diamonds stay in suspension before they fall out?

If your talking about a NSN being assigned as a general purpose lube that ain't the same as being on the QPL for weapons specific use,much less one that will replace the the lubricants that are on the QPL..
    Flame away,but beating around the bush that your product is going to replace an approved and well tested mil-spec product line is a bold comment.And like I said,its been used many times before by other manufacturers.

Feedback Score
    I will send out more (the last) free sample to Blankwaffe if he wants to see the magic for himself.
    1: The spherical "particles" are 1/80,000th the diameter of a human hair
    2: They do not precipitate from the carrier oil because they are attached
    3: Friction rips the nanoparticles off of the carrier oil and they embed
    4: Muzzle flash will not burn them out of the barrel
    5: They keep working even after the oil is gone
    6: All treated surfaces are easy to clean, because they are nanodiamond coated
    7: NanoLube TM is not a chemical lubricant - like ALL other lubes
    8: NanoLube TM cannot breakdown like normal chemicals (like Moly)
    9: People that attack my Invention are against a new product that will simply - PUT THEM OUT OF BUSINESS, which is where they belong for selling garbage chemical products that breakdown.

ASTM 4 ball wear and block and ring testing by Falex have proven NanoLube TM prevent wear, stops scoring and can both increase friction in high pressure applications or lower it under lower pressure - which cannot be done by chemical lubes. This is why full autos cycle faster, and blowback & muzzle velocity increase after treatment.

Now Im not trying to poke fun at you or your product and I wish you well.If nanolube is the best Im happy you have done what you have.

But Ive heard that exact same line from the multitude of gun oil marketers/manufacturers for the last 10+ years or more.Kinda starting to get sick of hearing it,and honestly I feel like its been abused and very misleading to consumers in most cases.So......
    What I think should be followed in the weapons lubrication industry is....if you meet the mil-spec and have been approved for use as a weapons specific lubricant then advertise it as such.Also state what weapons were/are to be approved for use of such product.If this is the case provide documentation of the approval.If your in the testing process and not approved then it has absolutely no bearing other than to be misleading and suck folks into spending thier money with claims and advertising.
    I just hope you dont start claiming its saves lives next.
    IMHO claims are claims and it seems everyone out there with a gun oil has a better lube than what the military chose to use over the past 30+ plus years.
    Fact of the matter is that sure some of the new lubes are somewhat better at lubricating....where they all seem to fall short is in the long term such as protecting firearms,overall function including temp extremes,fouling attachment/removal and most other areas of concern.Some even cause damage from chemical reaction or abrasive wear characteristics.Certainly not balanced formulas as given uder the mil-spec guidelines.
    None of the so called better lubricants so far have met the specification nor approved for use under the mil-spec no matter what the claims and advertisements have been.

Now I have read several threads and posts over the past few months on several of the gun forums,including this one, in regards to your product where nothing was provided other than a sales line...or ended in personal attacks and the like.
    In that regard I have restained myself from posting in them as well.

But since you brought up that there is new Navy testing and soon to replace the mil-spec lubricants I have to ask.......
    Are you saying that nanolube is currently being tested by the Navy and is going to boot all the other lubricants?
    Chemical paper?
    And if I remember correctly the specification also now states that no solid particle additives are allowed in the CLP.
    How long does the nano diamonds stay in suspension before they fall out?

If your talking about a NSN being assigned as a general purpose lube that ain't the same as being on the QPL for weapons specific use,much less one that will replace the the lubricants that are on the QPL..
    Flame away,but beating around the bush that your product is going to replace an approved and well tested mil-spec product line is a bold comment.And like I said,its been used many times before by other manufacturers.

Feedback Score
    The particles in NanoLube TM have survived sustained +2000 deg. F temps for over one hour. Muzzle flash has no effect on the nanoparticles.

NanoLube is a grease replacement and once worked into the friction surfaces - the oil can be removed whereby SAND and DIRT have nothing the STICK to. Only a true MORON would question the value of this.

Quote Originally Posted by 66H8A View Post
    My 2 cents.... High Temperature rated Grease (anything from fancy "weapons grade" to Wal-Mart wheel bearing type, all the same IMO). Stays put, will not run out of the pin holes, (thats where most oil ends up). Light film on high friction parts, push pins. CLP type oil to the rest. Wheel Bearing Grease is rated to around 700 degrees, life time supply around 5 bucks.

Feedback Score

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by NanoLube View Post
    Only a true MORON would question the value of this.
    Wow...you're not gonna win anybody over that way, Einstein.

MBR

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NanoLube View Post
    The particles in NanoLube TM have survived sustained +2000 deg. F temps for over one hour. Muzzle flash has no effect on the nanoparticles.

NanoLube is a grease replacement and once worked into the friction surfaces - the oil can be removed whereby SAND and DIRT have nothing the STICK to. Only a true MORON would question the value of this.
    OK, please consider this your last warning.

Every member of M4C is expected to handle themselves in a professional, polite, and respectful manner at all times. If you cannot handle this, you will be shown the door.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Alias Training & Security Services, LLC
    Paul@aliastraining.com
    757-215-1959 (Mon-Fri 8AM-5PM)
    757-985-9586 (After Hours)
    www.aliastraining.com

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I like WeaponShield but I would try Nanolube if someone wants to send me some.

Feedback Score
    ...But since you brought up that there is new Navy testing and soon to replace the mil-spec lubricants I have to ask.......
    Chemical paper?
    How long does the nano diamonds stay in suspension before they fall out?...
    Names have been called and tempers have flared, but the questions posed by Blankewaffe have not been answered. The only statements made have been full of catch phrase lingo. For such a revolutionary product I would like to know more about the real nuts and bolts facts. Simply saying it's the best doesn't pack much weight to amatuer shooters.
    -Colt 6920 w/Aimpoint PRO

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast