Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New TRP Operator back from SACS

Feedback Score
    I got this email today:

Good Morning Xxxxxxxx,

Mr. Williams has looked at your logo on your pistol and he says that we cannot go over it and we cannot do polish one spot because it will have a dip in the slide. If we try to take it off then it will take some of the Springfield Armory or TRP off or make it faint. So it really cannot be changed without possibly making it worst. The logo is there but faint and when we applied the thicker finish Cerakote – it filled in a bit more.
    What's good? What's really good?!

Feedback Score
    Well, I've just gone back to look at your pictures after reading this reply.
    I have to say (to Me) 1st Springfield Armory looks great! Again, 1st picture, even their LOGO shows up Awesome.... or am I missing something?.

I would say IF anything, the ONLY thing I see questionable is on the other side, the word "TACTICAL" looks alittle light but other then that, I don't see anything that would
    put me off about it..

OH No wait a second, I do see it now, it Really Looks like CRAP! ... I'll tell you what, I've got an el-Springfield Pistoloa too and she's perfect.. I'll trade you Straight up for yours?... I know I know, I'm very generous like that, you can have my Springfield and I'll take yours okay?

Peace Jeff

Feedback Score
    Haha, thanks! Good of you to make such a sacrifice!

Yeah it was just the logo portion that was bugging me. The washed out 'Tactical' didn't bother me, people can see just by looking at me how tactical I am.

After it gets some holster wear I'm sure it'll hardly be noticeable. I guess it's like when buying a new car you try and keep everything perfect, don't park near anybody, and then once you get your first scratch or door ding you relax and just treat it like a regular car.
    What's good? What's really good?!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Any updates on this beautiful gun? I'm thinking very seriously about picking up a TRP Operator and sending it out to SACS for many of the same changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    I definitely need to powdercoat my TRP trigger black. Looks amazing.

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Excuse my ignorance, I'm pretty new to the modifications of 1911s - but is the hi-poweresque cut on the front of the slide purely cosmetic or does it serve a functional purpose?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cctroupe11 View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, I'm pretty new to the modifications of 1911s - but is the hi-poweresque cut on the front of the slide purely cosmetic or does it serve a functional purpose?
    It's called a carry cut. It aids in reholstering. How much it helps I couldn't say, because none of my 1911's have the option.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    That's a mighty fine pistol.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a TRP and the only thing I don't care for is the glossy finish. I really like that graphite Cerakote you have on your Operator.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Beautiful pistol. I've had the Springfield custom shop work up two of them for me in the past, great folks and they do great work. Dave Williams is the best, don't know if Dave is still there or not.

How does it shoot?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123