Thread: Education request on Savage 99 308 with internal mag...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Education request on Savage 99 308 with internal mag...

Hello all,

I am interested in acquiring a Savage 99 in 308 with an internal mag as a shooter (not a collector).

I specifically require the internal mag, I prefer but do not require the pistol grip as opposed to the straight grip.

Other than that I don't care about checkering or barrel length or profile, etc.

Which models or variants am I looking for.

I have tried Google and wikipedia, etc. It is not that I don't get enough information but rather too much.

Your help is much appreciated.

Thank you.

TED

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I had a 99E in .308. It was a decent enough little carbine. That kind of sounds like what your looking for. Can't remember the production dates for sure but they were one of the later models and can be for found for fairly reasonable prices. I sold mine for lik $550 I believe.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Go over to Savageshooters.com and do some perusing. Nice folks and a lot of knowledge. Paid subscription gets you into the classifieds.

You might also troll The High Road. Lots of old-heads and collectors there.

Sent from 80ms in the future
    Much peace
    Jimmy

Feedback Score
    Yes, visit SavageShooters and there you will find the answer.

I have a 1964 vintage Model 99 Featherweight in 243 and it has the internal mag with the spool round counter.

More accurate than most lever guns and big fun. It is actually a very well made little rifle and my go-to coyote gun.

The early Savage 99s with the round counter on the side of the receiver are totally worth owning....nice guns.