Thread: Wal Mart Lights

Feedback Score

Wal Mart Lights

Just wondering if anyone knows or has one of the lights from Wal mart?
    -S&W flashlight that looks like it will fit on an AR15
    -Then there are the 2 little Colemans flashlights. 110 lumens

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have a couple of the Coleman lights as "around the house" lights. They put out a nice bright white beam. I use them for power outages or finding a dropped screw on the rug or looking for dog toys behind furniture or shining into a computer case.

That being said, my nightstand light and the light on my carbine are Surefires. Surefire G2's are a hell of a light for the money. The new LED versions cost more but are worth the price difference in battery life alone.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Wal-mart is also closing out some Ray-o-vac LED flashlights. Someone posted a review on a forum (which one now escapes me) that was favorable. I bought a 3watt and a 1 watt version. They are advertised as having a 2 hour and a 3 hour run time respectively, and the 3w version claims to put out 80 lumens. The 1watt is being closed out at $15, the 3w at $19. They aren't G-2s of course but for general use they so far seem pretty good. I went back and got another 1 w version, and I'm going to watch and see if they reduce the price further and get some more. They run off 2 AA batteries.

Feedback Score
    Wondering if S&W can make a flashlight too

Feedback Score
    My brother purchased a 1" light from Wally World to mount to his Mossy. I can't remember what the brand was, but I'm fairly certain it was Garity or something spelled like that.

At any rate, with one racking of the slide, the bulb shattered. I suppose if the light had an LED bulb it could take a beating better, but apparently weapon-mounting was totally beyond its intended uses.