Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: -1 CoryM465 False Paypal Claim. Finalized PG 7

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Cory,

If you don't mind could you please highlight any discrepancies in the emails I've posted vs the transcripts you've posted. As far as I'm aware the only thing I did not include were the first few emails where you elected to have me keep the gas block.

"Alright so here's the buyer/seller dialogue as it actually happened." - You're insinuating that I'm not posting the transcripts truthfully. I'd like to see where I've edited something.

To address your claims:

I've contacted the USPS first thing this morning. Do you know what they stated? Verbatim-

"Sir, the information listed in the delivery tracking status is THE EXPECTED DELIVERY DATE, ITEMS ARE NOT GUARANTEED BY THIS DATE. It can take up to 9 days for your package to arrive. Should the package not arrive in 9 days, after an additional 15 days you or the receiver may make a claim with the USPS. An item not being scanned recently has nothing to do with it's delivery status"

Cut to the chase. This isn't about insurance, this isn't about tracking. This isn't about Paypal.

You threatened to chargeback your Paypal payment less than 48 hours after I'd confirmed tracking with USPS. I can't get a check across town to my bank via USPS in two days.

Your comments about my failure to insure the package are borderline delirious. You are jumping the gun with ludicrous demands about "my responsibilities" as a shipper.

Your abilities to quote USPS insurance rules word for word are really quite impressive though, almost like this isn't your first rodeo.

Your comments regarding using "buyer's insurance" via Paypal are spot on also. 90% of us here use Paypal gift, but there's no avenue for chargeback there is there? I've got 100% feedback and 100% success using gift on this site. Do you?

Really, you would have happily been patient? It's clearly coming across in your emails. It's great to know that when the barrel arrives you'd allow me to pay to ship it back to you. That's gracious of you.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Two things:

1. It clearly states "insurance is at the option/expense of the buyer", regardless of price negotiations, it is naive and laughable to think the seller must automatically include that since a different price other than advertised was agreed upon.

2. I deal with this all time with USPS, especially when shipping a long gun. Tracking/insurance does not update past the "package has been accepted at our facility" and after several days it just switches to delivered. Granted this isn't the case, but their tracking is sub-par as someone mentioned. Additionally, it is not uncommon for deliveries to occur days after the "expected" delivery date. Hence, why guaranteed delivery is another option/tier of shipment.

Also, I don't see how a refund was requested while the item was still out for shipping. If it says "lost" or "delivered" and it wasn't, then by all means, a refund is in order. However, overal it seems to an unrealistic expectation on the part of the buyer in terms of USPS accuracy and punctuality. Shipping gets delayed all the time, wait a week or at least several BUSINESS days after the expected delivery date, then contact the buyer to inquire about it.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 07-14-15 at 12:05.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    I'm in complete agreement. Should USPS declare the package lost, or undeliverable, we're having a different conversation.

48 hours after shipment he emailed requesting a refund for a lost package, despite USPS showing it still in transit.

45 minutes after 5PM on the expected delivery date he's filed a claim with Paypal, stating it's defiantly lost, you only live an hour from me.

I've never dealt with anyone who refused to contact the shipper regarding the status of a package, that's crazy. I've called them twice today and gotten the same answer. "Sir, it's an expected delivery timeframe, not guaranteed".

USPS will not even declare the package lost until August 7th. I can't even start a claim with them until that date.

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Boss I didn't contact you at all until 6 days after I had sent you payment. You requested I wait until Monday, 2 days later, to see if it shows, which I did. Had you contacted me with that response from USPS after that contact, I'd be patiently waiting until Monday right now, instead of doing this. You didn't, you told me to pound sand. I do have very little patience for BS and waiting another week to file a paypal claim would only make my paypal claim more difficult.

Your comments about my failure to insure the package are borderline delirious. You are jumping the gun with ludicrous demands about "my responsibilities" as a shipper.
    It seems you're drinking the liberal kool aid the current administration. Contrary to their BS you are responsible for your actions and decisions.

Your abilities to quote USPS insurance rules word for word are really quite impressive though, almost like this isn't your first rodeo.
    No sir, this is not my first rodeo with USPS. As stated in my previous post they are a nightmare to deal with, which is why I now spend the extra money to use fedex.

Your comments regarding using "buyer's insurance" via Paypal are spot on also. 90% of us here use Paypal gift, but there's no avenue for chargeback there is there? I've got 100% feedback and 100% success using gift on this site. Do you?
    So now I'm guilty because I protected myself from a seller like well you??? :/

Sir, I've ran group buys where I've dealt with $30k in funds, I'm currently in the process of finishing another group buy where I'm dealing with an excess of $10k in funds. Why would I screw up my reputation over $100???

Really, you would have happily been patient? It's clearly coming across in your emails. It's great to know that when the barrel arrives you'd allow me to pay to ship it back to you. That's gracious of you.
    Sir are you illiterate? I specified if it arrived 3 months from now I would ship it back. If you really think a 3 month or hell a 1 month transient time is acceptable, you've lost your mind.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Honestly, I'm bored and about to start getting ready for work. As such, I have no dog in this fight but am just posting observations...

corym465, your use of snide comments and personal attacks towards the seller dramatically reduce your credibility. Additionally, your logic on the insurance is fallible; you did not request it when the Sale Thread clearly states it is not included.

Ultimately, if the post office won't declare the item lost until August 7th, both of you have no choice but to simply wait for that date. If it arrives by then corym465 gets his barrel, if it doesn't, GrahamKAC gets to deal with a lost package claim. But honestly, I still have no idea how this is the sellers fault or how the responsibility is on him, UNLESS the item is officially declared lost by USPS.
    Last edited by sidewaysil80; 07-14-15 at 12:18.

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Two things:

1. It clearly states "insurance is at the option/expense of the buyer", regardless of price negotiations, it is naive and laughable to think the seller must automatically include that since a different price other than advertised was agreed upon.

2. I deal with this all time with USPS, especially when shipping a long gun. Tracking/insurance does not update past the "package has been accepted at our facility" and after several days it just switches to delivered. Granted this isn't the case, but their tracking is sub-par as someone mentioned. Additionally, it is not uncommon for deliveries to occur days after the "expected" delivery date. Hence, why guaranteed delivery is another option/tier of shipment.

Also, I don't see how a refund was requested while the item was still out for shipping. If it says "lost" or "delivered" and it wasn't, then by all means, a refund is in order. However, overal it seems to an unrealistic expectation on the part of the buyer in terms of USPS accuracy and punctuality. Shipping gets delayed all the time, wait a week or at least several BUSINESS days after the expected delivery date, then contact the buyer to inquire about it.

What the Holy Hell? I specified in the negotiations that I was paying for the barrel SHIPPED. Which means I paid him for the barrel and shipment, that implies I paid for it to be successfully shipped to me. If he wasn't satisfied with that price to adequately ship it than he shouldn't have agreed to it. None of his BS (stipulations) from his listing were included in the negotiation.

When have you ever seen shipment tracking updated as "Lost" by any carrier, especially before a lost claim was approved??? I'd be interested in a screen shot of that.

I'm not asking for a refund because it missed the estimated arrival date. I'm asking for a refund, because I believe the package has been lost. Furthermore, I contacted him as soon as I noticed the problem, as starting a claim and/or contacting his post master make it more likely that they'll locate the package when contacting them sooner than later. I was trying to do the right thing and help the seller, but I wasn't/ am not interested in having my funds tied up while he fights the monster that is the USPS.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Most online retailers make you pay extra for insurance when shipping an item. That's pretty standard now a days.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    USPS picked it up at 10:30 on the 8th, at 9PM on the 11th you emailed me requesting a refund. Tracking said it wouldn't arrive until the 13th. There is no justification for that. Plain and simple.

Your comments about our current administration, or kool aid are uncalled for. This isn't GD. Let's conduct ourselves like gentlemen please.

Any reasonable person would realize the most appropriate thing to do in this situation is to wait out the post office. You didn't specify a delivery timeframe, and instructed me to use whatever shipping method I desired.

I never told you to "pound sand", I stated there wasn't anything I could do to help you, considering the post office stated they were still in the process of delivery.

This has escalated to insane proportions of unrealistic expectations.

Feedback Score
    1 (67%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JBecker 72 View Post
    Most online retailers make you pay extra for insurance when shipping an item. That's pretty standard now a days.
    Who does??? None I deal with. I'd start listing them off, but I'm not sure if that'd be okay because this is a sponsored site.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by corym465 View Post
    What the Holy Hell? I specified in the negotiations that I was paying for the barrel SHIPPED. Which means I paid him for the barrel and shipment, that implies I paid for it to be successfully shipped to me. If he wasn't satisfied with that price to adequately ship it than he shouldn't have agreed to it. None of his BS (stipulations) from his listing were included in the negotiation.

When have you ever seen shipment tracking updated as "Lost" by any carrier, especially before a lost claim was approved??? I'd be interested in a screen shot of that.

I'm not asking for a refund because it missed the estimated arrival date. I'm asking for a refund, because I believe the package has been lost. Furthermore, I contacted him as soon as I noticed the problem, as starting a claim and/or contacting his post master make it more likely that they'll locate the package when contacting them sooner than later. I was trying to do the right thing and help the seller, but I wasn't/ am not interested in having my funds tied up while he fights the monster that is the USPS.
    I understand your frustration, but it's one of those things where you need to wait for the shipping company to declare it lost before you can expect a refund from either the carrier or the seller.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast